MTU.Community


Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
bryant's Avatar
bryant bryant is offline
VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winslow, Maine
Posts: 4,475
Those super small slimline USB external hard drives??

Anyone using those really tiny USB ext. slimline Hard drives yet?

If so, how are they performing as far as speed and having any other issues go?

I'm thinking about buying one but also using it for videos in both Hoster and my DJ program, but I do know that video's require fairly quick transfer rates.

Any comments??
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
billyo billyo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Anyone using those really tiny USB ext. slimline Hard drives yet?

If so, how are they performing as far as speed and having any other issues go?

I'm thinking about buying one but also using it for videos in both Hoster and my DJ program, but I do know that video's require fairly quick transfer rates.

Any comments??
i just bought 2 of those ,1 for my show and 1 for my back-up laptop i bought a seagate free agent ( black )500 gig 1 was $119 and the other one was on sale for $99 at office depot , and copied all my kma files and i also have another one which i bought a while back ( can't think of the brand right now) which i have my all vcd files on, and they work great,and it made my laptop cases light, bear in mind that out of the 500gig it actually has 465 gig in it..but you wont be sorry they work great..no ext. power needed.just a usb port..
__________________
BILLY O' WEEKEND.DJ
Las Vegas, NV
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
bryant's Avatar
bryant bryant is offline
VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winslow, Maine
Posts: 4,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i just bought 2 of those ,1 for my show and 1 for my back-up laptop i bought a seagate free agent ( black )500 gig 1 was $119 and the other one was on sale for $99 at office depot , and copied all my kma files and i also have another one which i bought a while back ( can't think of the brand right now) which i have my all vcd files on, and they work great,and it made my laptop cases light, bear in mind that out of the 500gig it actually has 465 gig in it..but you wont be sorry they work great..no ext. power needed.just a usb port..
I'm also hoping they'll work with my DJ program which is very particular about getting videos in and out (transfer rate) of the hard drive to two player decks at a time while using visual effects at the same time.

Any comment?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
billyo billyo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
I'm also hoping they'll work with my DJ program which is very particular about getting videos in and out (transfer rate) of the hard drive to two player decks at a time while using visual effects at the same time.

Any comment?
you can certainly put all your music and videos in it, i'm not sure about the dj programs though, since my dj programs are in my int. drive and does all my dj music, i also have a back-up for my dj tunes on my other ext. drives, which i can open with the dj programs, am i using pcdj, mixmeister and the hercules mk2..which is very easy to use...i have never used visual effects so i cant really say anything about it..with a 500 gig drive you can store up to :160,000 photos, 120,000 mp3's and up to 500 hr. worth of movies...( per manufacturer )
__________________
BILLY O' WEEKEND.DJ
Las Vegas, NV
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2009 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
The contents of this forum are copyrighted by Micro Technology Unlimited, 2000-2008. Use of any material from these Forums is prohibited without written agreement from MTU.