MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2009, 07:25 PM

Question Write Disc Aborted

I am using a compaq nx9010 computer and a plextor px-w4012tu drive. i currently purchased microstudio 4.21. i have been trying to write a disc with some mp3+g files and it will start doing and then stop and i get the write disc abort .. sometimes it will say that it was caused by the user ... any ideas how i can fix this error ...

thanks for any help you can provide
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

I cannot find anything on Plextor's web site for a px-w4012tu. Is this an older drive? External?

Also what operating system (XP, Vista, or Windows 7)?

Last edited by ddouglass; November 1st, 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM

I'm having the same issue XP Pro Version 4.22 Sony Optiarc DVD purshased from mtu
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM

When i played with this version of Microstudio it also did the same thing as i recall. I took the new version back off.

oops..on my studio machine i to am running XP and optiarc from mtu.
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:29 AM

I tried that No good I can burn Videos and Audio disc just not Microstudio !!
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

I too have the same problem with my Optiarc 1100A from MTU. However, I purchased mine quite a while back and have used it extensively for testing. I don't know if there is a driver update (haven't researched it yet), but there could be. Check Sony and NEC websites to see if they have one.
I also had a problem in the past with some CD blanks that I had for a long time. None of them have worked for a long time. I had to get a new supply of discs from MTU to continue burning.

Things to try:
Make sure you have all the Custom Updates from Microsoft (except the Hardware updates).
Clean the drive with a cleaner disc.
Check for driver and firmware updates at NEC and Sony.
If you have Nero or Roxio make sure they don't have anything starting up in the Startup folder of the Menu.
If your drives are getting old, then think about getting a newer one from MTU. Make sure your computer will take a Sata drive before you order though as that is the type they are shipping now.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

NEC Firmware

I researched it and found the firmware updates for NEC Optiarc at this location:
http://support.necam.com/Optical/dow...FlashFirmware/

Be sure you have select the one for your model. Also follow the instructions given for installing.
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Thanks I didn't have any software like roxie installed on this computer untill yesterday just to try burning something .. I used 3 different brands of disc's ..my burn is about 3 years old .. I'll try the up date .. I also have a problem with hoster during a show if i add a song will a song is playing the lyric go out of sync... Thanks for the help!!
Old December 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM

I found this link and up load the new flash up date for my drive and it seems too work I made a CDG ..

http://www.sony-optiarc.us/en/suppor...ad-series.html
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't sure which model you had but the ND series were NEC and the AD series were Sony. Glad you found the right one and it worked.
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM

OOPS spoke to soon worked once !!
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

It could be the discs you are using. They should be music quality and not the cheaper data quality.
Also, try rebooting the computer.
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Yes I'm using music disc.. I'll try the reboot.. thanks !!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:52 PM

Re: Write Disc Aborted

This problem pops up with me occasionally, even after having burned tracks the day before. This time I tried rebooting, with no change. I tried re-burning tracks I had burned successfully the day before... this time no go. Then I tried a new disc from a separate batch; success!
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Question Re: Write Disc Aborted

Continuing to battle this problem... Burning discs from the "suspect" stack is sometimes successful on the first try. (The "suspect" stack is Memorex brand with a plain white printable top surface and silver underside.) But then the problem will pop up again another day. So far, if I try one or two more discs from the same stack, all will fail to write and show a user-abort message. But if I take a blank disc from a different stack (this one also Memorex, but with a "bare" top surface; plain shiny with no label or coating, and a bluish or teal colored underside), the write-to-disc completes successfully. THEN if I try another disc from the original stack (printable white top surface), it will succeed this time also!

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on an old Compaq with a Pentium 4 and Microstudio 4.22. My CD-R is a Plextor PX-W5224A (don't know if that's a model or serial no.).
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzelw View Post
Continuing to battle this problem... Burning discs from the "suspect" stack is sometimes successful on the first try. (The "suspect" stack is Memorex brand with a plain white printable top surface and silver underside.) But then the problem will pop up again another day. So far, if I try one or two more discs from the same stack, all will fail to write and show a user-abort message. But if I take a blank disc from a different stack (this one also Memorex, but with a "bare" top surface; plain shiny with no label or coating, and a bluish or teal colored underside), the write-to-disc completes successfully. THEN if I try another disc from the original stack (printable white top surface), it will succeed this time also!

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on an old Compaq with a Pentium 4 and Microstudio 4.22. My CD-R is a Plextor PX-W5224A (don't know if that's a model or serial no.).
First thing that comes to mind is the quality of the discs. There are several levels of quality for discs. Be sure the discs you use are made for music quality and not data quality. MTU does sell disc that are high quality.
Not sure how old you drive is but this can also cause problems as the burning laser on them does lose power as the drive gets older. Eratic output is not unheard of either.
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM

I think Dale is right on. I'd bet it's the discs. The quality of the disc is especially critical with CDG/BIN.

MAMA, formally known as Mitsui put me out of the coaster business years ago, as would the discs MTU currently sells. If you do a lot of CDG/BIN work, as I do, they wind up less expensive than the cheapies over the long run, considering the absence of throw aways I've enjoyed.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; June 18th, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM

I'm not an expert on CD Disc, or drives. But i can relate what i have found through the years in my project studio. Let me first say, a "Music Disc" or "Audio Disc" is not a standard of quality. Nothing magical with them. But rather a format type disc. When i first sat up my project studio several years ago to record my band, and my guitar work, i used a Philips audio recorder, which used an "audio", or "music" format type disc. Folks also had these recorders in their stereo set up, to convert cassettes to compact disc. A "Music" disc will work on a computer, but a computer data disc will not work in most home audio recorders. Like the old philps, JVC, harmon kardon recorders and some others. Ironically,this format of disc was created to guard against duplicating copy written material. Most "music" cd's are expensive, and only 74 minutes long. But if they work for you, then by all means purchase them.

I have found that for instance, i can open a new spindle of Sony blank cd's, and have a high failure rate, next spindle, all worked fine. Lets not forget here again, taiwan, and china are the world's leader in blank cd manufacturing and export. And if you're like me, i don't trust their quality control. But a few things that have worked for me. Is stay away from CDR's that are dyed, have white inkjet tops, blue ray, light scribe, multi purpose, generic, private lable (like Staples & Office Max), they may work, but i don't use them, no matter how cheap they sell for.

Some brands that i avoid:
Memorex (even their gold archive disc products)
imation
philips
kodak
polaroid
staples
HP
DataRight
dynex
spin master

Brands that i have found that work well for me.
mtu (top rated for cdg backup from microstudio, creating KHpro, archiving)
Taiyo Yuden
Ritek Ridata
Verbatim
Maxell
Fuji
Sony
TDK
Microboards

Storage of your original CDG's are so very important, and what you store them in as well. I've found that plastic and paper just doesn't work well over the long haul for cd storage.

Hope this might help in some simple way......
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM

oops.....thanks for the email. I stand corrected. The CDR "Music" disc are 80 minutes. It's the "Music" CD-RW rewritables that are indeed 74 minutes. I used mostly the rewritables in my project studio.
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
oops.....thanks for the email. I stand corrected. The CDR "Music" disc are 80 minutes. It's the "Music" CD-RW rewritables that are indeed 74 minutes. I used mostly the rewritables in my project studio.
However the CD-RW are not recommended for use by MTU. And CDR's also come in 80 minute format too.
Closed Thread

Tags
disc write, microstudio, write disc aborted