MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:16 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to using a computer for karaoke at a public venue. I have been using karaoke discs via 2 CDG players. I generally can put up songs in plenty of time. By the time someone walks to where they sing I am ready. What benefits does a computer bring that I may not know about? And, can I incorporate a computer and still use my discs if I choose?
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Honor Roll

Re: New Member

HickeyB

First, welcome aboard. You will find that MTU forum members are knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful when you run into a problem. When it comes to product support you won't find any better than the staff at MTU.

You are probably already aware of most of the benefits of using a computer at a karaoke gig. If you haven't already, read the comments posted by others in the "Hoster Testimonials".

Yes, you can still use CDG disks with Hoster. In fact you must have this capability to accomodate your customers that bring in their own CDG's. With Hoster you won't need another CDG player, just the Hoster software and an external DVD+R/CDRW burner and MTU supplies both.

Once you have used Hoster, you'll never go back to handling CDG's at a show again.

Gary