MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM

Plexwriter Prem

I have a Plexwriter Premium drive and im interested in purchasing Microstudio but the trial verson dont show any drives on my cpu I am using server 2003 operating system 1.8 p 4 120gig 726 mem any advice. Thank you
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:39 PM

Re: Plexwriter Prem

Ray,
This drive is supported by Microstudio. I am not sure if the 2003 Server is supported by our software though.

This I will not beable to tell you. Does microstudio show your drive at all when you click Detect Drives?
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:56 PM

No it doesnt show any drives. I also have a Sony CRX215E1 both drives support cd+g on Goldenhawk. I have read about your software and it is a lot better then any I have used from what I have read. Maybe I need to change (OS) to one you reacamend 98se,xp,or 2000. Thank You Ray
Old August 13th, 2004, 05:32 PM

You might want to try installing the Adaptec Drivers on your system as stated in this FAQ on the ASPI first: http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=23&c=1
Old August 13th, 2004, 07:27 PM

Thanks agin I will try this but im still considering going back to xp if i dont post for a few days im changing os.
Old August 13th, 2004, 07:45 PM

The MTU drivers worked great. Will my Sony drive ever be supported for cd+g by Microstudio. As soon as I reformat my other drive I will order your software and my hats off to MTU Support.
Old August 19th, 2004, 11:33 AM

Ray,
If the drive works on Goldenhawk, then it should work. How old is this drive?
Old August 19th, 2004, 09:40 PM

Thumbs up Re: Plexwriter Prem

Sorry I was off for a while I reformated my cpu. I am now running a duel boot 80 gig 1.8 AMD 760meg ram win2000 and a 60 gig 1.8 AMD 760meg ram win xp and a 40 gig storage drive A Plex Premium And a Sony 48-24-48 the Sony is about 2yrs old this is one cpu on a cable modem. Clone cd works with both, Alcohol 120% works with both, Goldenhawk works with both, Nero 6 Ultra works with both. I do alot of testing of cdr & utility programs. I have found Goldenhawk is a good program but dont support multisession and you you should know how to wright gd+g and bin files to create compulation cd+gs. Alcohol 120% is a good well rounded cdr program but still only for advanced users if you do compulation cd+g. Nero my personal favorite for music & data. MTU Microstudio Trial seems very easy to use and looks like compulations and copying to hard drive of cd+g is a snap. I am in the process of fine tuning my system after the rebuild, also MTU community is a great tool to offer. Your new freind, ray03. This is my own personal oppion and in no way intend to bash or critize any programs or companys or individuals.
Old August 20th, 2004, 05:17 PM

Ray03,
Welcome aboard. Glad you seem to like the software. The next release of Microstudio will support the .bin file formats. So you might like this. We are sending it out for beta testing today.
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:17 PM

Smile Re: Plexwriter Prem

I wouild be interested in beta testing if you offer it to individuials in the forums. Thank you. ray03