MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 30th, 2003, 04:32 PM

NEW Soundchoice Security???

I just got a custom CD+G from soundchoice and I'm unable to make a backup copy. I've had no problems with soundchoice in the past with multisession CD+G's. When I attempt to import selected tracks(Individually or all) I get a RED ERROR in the status column. In the past, I was at least able to copy to hard drive, but I can't even get started now. Any advice???
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:43 PM
Administrator

How did you get the custom disc?

Please tell us as much as you can about your custom disc...

1. Where did you buy it?

2. What songs are on it?

3. Anything else that can give our users with SC discs a clue how to help you.

SC is always trying to prevent their customers from making backup copies... which they claim is illegal, but copyright law does NOT substantiate this. If they continue to protect their discs, the only option you have is to not buy SC discs.
Old December 31st, 2003, 04:26 PM

Never Again

I bought the disc directly from SC. Some of the songs include: Underneath it All, All Star(SmashMouth, Goodbye to You(Michelle Branch), Go Your Own Way(Fleetwood Mac), One Way or Another(Blondie), What's Up(4 Non blonds), Just A Girl(No Doubt?), A Country Boy Can Survive(Hank Jr.), Hella Good(NO Doubt) and a few others. I will never buy from SC again! Any solutions to this problem?
Old December 31st, 2003, 05:15 PM

Talking This racket's been around for a while

Admin,

For a couple of years now, some karaoke manufacturers have been selling what they call “Custom Disks” that is, you go through a catalog of songs and choose whichever ones you want, normally a minimum of 6 songs at around $10.00 a piece. That way you have a record with only the songs you want. They burn this “special disk.” and send it to you.

Some companies out there are selling it for a little as $5 per song.

Regards,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; January 2nd, 2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:12 AM

This is a new type of Multisession that they are using that ties into each track instead of just the very last track on the disc. From what I have been told by clients who have recieved discs with this security, there is no way to copy these new discs.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM

Talking

THERE IS A PRODUCT ON THE MARKET THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO EITHER COPY THE FULL DISC OR EXTRACT SONGS TO COMPILE YOUR OWN PRIVATE DISC WITH JUST THE SONGS YOU WANT.
IT IS CALLED "DISC JUGGLER"
I HAVE A COPY AND IT IS PRETTY EASY TO USE.
THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE BUT IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN USA.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 05:30 PM

Where can I get this "DISC JUGGLER" and how much?
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM

Bestive,

There is a cheaper if longer way to do it. Simply play your song through you karaoke player, If you have one, and have it connected through your sound card. Record the Wav file and crank up your trusted KHPro. You'll end up with a beautifu; CDG sans copy protection.

Enjoy.

Jon
Old January 2nd, 2004, 07:13 PM

Cool SECURITY BLOCKAGE

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT ON THE INTERNET. I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT COSTS NOW. I'VE HAD MY PROGRAM FOR AWHILE BUT I'M GUESSING AROUND $40-$50.

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? SEND ME AN E-MAIL AND I'LL PROBABLY BE ABLE TO HELP.
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:54 PM

Well? Did Discjuggler work on this new Sound Choice protection scheme?
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM

Lightbulb How To Copy Multisession discs

Try using "Import Tracks" in Microstudio. I've had luck there. Copy all except the last track. I've noticed that on my 15 track CD's there is showing 16 tracks. So I took all except the last track then after Improting the tracks I hit the "Custom Assembly" tab at the bottom and then went to "Custom Assembly at the top and then hit "Add Tracks From Hard Drive" then was able to burn all songs on the CD. Worked for me.
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:16 PM

It's unfortunate people are responding to this thread without realizing we're not talking about the previous MediaCloq that only affected the last track. The new version affects EVERY track.

I have Sound Choice 8722, Hits of Rod Stewart - Vol.1, and it appears to use the new security technique. Microstudio won't even play the disc, let alone import ANY track. If I try to play the disc, all the tracks are listed, but selecting any of them only results in a blank, black screen. The disc itself is okay and plays fine in my VocoPro karaoke machine.

I downloaded the trial version of DiscJuggler and it could NOT copy this CD. It reported an error event of "Illegal mode for this track or invalid packet size".

The software could, however, successfully copy discs with the previous version of Media Cloq (the one that only affected the last track). Note, however, you end up with a literal copy (MediaCloq and all).

In other words, DiscJuggler lets you duplicate discs with the previous version of MediaCloq, but you still have to resort to the traditional tricks and workarounds when importing the last track to Microstudio (or Hoster, for that matter). The copy behaves the same way as the original.

But back to the new version of MediaCloq. Unless someone else has had success with this new security feature, it doesn't look like DiscJuggler is the answer for either duplicating or importing.

Please, someone correct me if your experiece is different from mine.

bernie