MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 17th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Unhappy editing songs

when i edit the songs to be highlighted with music, how do i tab down to the next line? and how do i control the length of the sentece? thank you
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:29 PM

RHYTHMACE,

The HOME key will take you to the beginning of a line.

The END key will take you to the end of a line.

The UP and DOWN AROW keys will navigate correspondingly.

To move the ending of a line to a new line is done by placing the cursor at the very beginning of the set you wish to move to a new line, and depressing the ENTER KEY. It will insert a new line to do this. EXAMPLE:If you have a string of six words, and you wish to move the last three, set the cursor just before the first letter of the fourth word, and hit ENTER

As far as how long a line can be, that's a variable, depending on the style font and font size.

I like to use Arial 26 pt. for lyrics. Clean cut and easy to read. That style and size will accomodate 20 characters including spaces before it will run off the screen.

You'll want to fool around with that one to find a combination you like.

I like to set the text up in Notepad or Wordpad to help to keep from running over.In the beginning, when I first started doing these, I would open Notepad and type 20 capital M's across the page.

Then I'd reduce the width of the page until the string of M's was just all visible. Delete the M's, and as you work throught the text you'll know immediately if you're running over because you'll be working with the same proportionate width as a TV or monitor screen.

You'll develop a feeling for it after a time, and be able to eyeball it, but that might help in the beginning. I still do it occassionally, especially if there's a lot of text to contend with and I want to get it right the first shot.

Hope this helps...and have fun.

George
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:50 AM

Lines

Actually, once the lyrics have been placed and synced, you cannot just add enter to make a line break. You need to do an alt-enter to get that line to move down. Unfortunately when you do this, you have to re-stripe the entire song. This is one reason I'd like to be able to have an easier way to edit the striping or not have to stripe the whole song in the same pass. I have several times (when I first started doing these) got to the end of the song and then find out I forgot to add the last "yeah yeah yeah" or something like that and so I had to re-stripe the whole song. How about that for an upgrade submission?

I also use wordpad when I first import my lyrics and edit from there. I always listen to the vocal demo with my wordpad window up to make changes before I try to stripe it. When I think I have it right, I open up kpro and then start to stripe. The first time I open it I let the music play for about 5 seconds and just hit my space bar a couple of times then stop the music. I then go to adjust lyrics screen and quickly look at each page to double make sure I don't have lines going off the TV screen and then make adjustments as necessary.

A couple of things I have noticed on fast songs, sometimes the top line wont draw fast enough because the clear doesn't start until the last line on a page. In this case I put two line breaks in, and on one of the lines use a "^" to designate a page break. Once again only by using the alt-enter can you get these lines to break. On super fast songs I usually end up setting 5 lines and a little smaller font than what George said.

Keep working with it. I've now done hundreds of songs with k-pro and it usually only takes me about 10 minutes to do a song.

There may be others here with other helpful tips also.

Jim
Old March 18th, 2004, 11:30 AM

The limitations of working on lyrics are exactly why I never use the program itself, but set the lyrics up in Notepad and import them.

George

Last edited by George; March 18th, 2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:01 PM

Wink editing songs

thank you george and jim for your time. you've helped me a lot I
really am thankful.