MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 15th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Administrator

gdiplus.dll file you need for Windows 98 or Windows ME

KHP uses this gdiplus.dll file, which Windows 98 does not have. Click the link below to download it.

It is a .zip file. If you have winzip on your computer, double click the gdiplus.zip filename and it will run winzip to unzip the gdiplus.dll file. Make sure you "extract" it to the folder below.

It is in zip format, so you will have to follow the directions in the link above to unzip it. If you don't have the winzip program to unzip with, go to the winzip download page

Place this file in your foulder where you installed KHP 4.103. The factory default directory is C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\KHPro.

Run KHP again and it should now run.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gdiplus.zip (950.8 KB, 141 views)
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:08 AM

I have Windows 98 se

I have been working with Karaoke Pro 4.008 for a long time now. I've downloaded this file. Will I have troubles if I don't install it, or are you just saying that Windows 98 as opposed to Windows 98 SE is missing the file?
Old February 26th, 2004, 12:30 PM

Jahern,

Just noticed your post. If my memory serves me correctly, MTU put the gdiplus.dll file into the KHP4008 to correct the problem for 98SE users when it became apparant it was missing during Beta testing.

4008 would not install without it, so you shouldn't have to do anything.

Take care,

George
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:17 PM

Thanx

George,

Much obliged
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:21 AM

gdiplussdll

I don't know the steps to get it ot khp and it still calls for the dll.can you help? tks Rod
Old March 25th, 2004, 12:09 PM

Most .dll files are stored either in c:\windows\system or in c:\windows\system32. Should work from either folder.

Simplest thing to do would be to unzip it again and tell it to put it in one of those folders. If you want to make certain it's with all the other .dll files, go to those folders and look. They'll be in either System or System32, then unzip it to the same folder..

Those folders are where the system will look first for any .dll file it needs.

Hope this helps,

George
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:37 PM

thanks for the help.all is fine now. the secret is in winzip and putting it in the proper file
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:55 PM

Glad you're up and running...have fun.

George
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:24 PM

Re: gdiplus.dll file you need for Windows 98 or Windows ME

Quote:
Originally posted by admin
KHP uses this gdiplus.dll file, which Windows 98 does not have. Click the link below to download it.

It is a .zip file. If you have winzip on your computer, double click the gdiplus.zip filename and it will run winzip to unzip the gdiplus.dll file. Make sure you "extract" it to the folder below.

It is in zip format, so you will have to follow the directions in the link above to unzip it. If you don't have the winzip program to unzip with, go to the winzip download page

Place this file in your foulder where you installed KHP 4.103. The factory default directory is C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\KHPro.

Run KHP again and it should now run.