MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 22nd, 2003, 03:19 PM

Help with testing the Demo Software

I am very interested in the suite of products, but wanted to test a few things first to see if I like them. I really like the Karaoke pro and find it pretty easy .

I was wondering a couple of things.

I converted an mp3 file into a .wav file and brought that into Karaoke prog and added the lyrics with no problem. Saved that file as a .cdg. Now, what demo software can I use to play it. I can't seem to locate the .cdg on my harddrive for import. Any suggestions?

Also, it there a way to change the color of the test when it's a male's turn to sing and a female's?

I really think I'm ready to purchase the suite of software if these two questions can be answered.

Thanks,

Mike
Old July 22nd, 2003, 05:00 PM

clarification

I can locate the .cdg when going thru Windows Explorer but can't find it with MicroStudio Demo or Hoster Demo.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Last first...

All I can say is if you installed the two demos, they are on your computer somewhere. The default is: C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\[program filename] (either Microstudio or Hoster).

KPro 5.0 will support Duet songs, but the KPro 4.009 demo does not do this. Version 5.0 is expected to be $149 by itself. We will also offer a package with it instead of the 4.008 version. This will allow separate colors for Singer #1, Singer #2 and Both... yes, 3 colors are supported.

When you export a CDG file from KPro, you can specify the drive/folder where it saves. It is normal to use something like D drive, Songs or Songfiles, etc. to save your work into.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 07:12 PM

thanks for the reply...but

Thanks for the help on the separate colors for different singers. I look for to the 5.0 version.

On the first question, I didn't make myself clear ( I do that alot)

I have used the KPro and saved the .cdg on my hard drive and I know where it's located.

What software can I use to play it... MicroStudio or Hoster? I have both demos installed but can't figure out how and which one to use.

Your help is always appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Lincoln-NE
Old July 22nd, 2003, 07:20 PM

Lightbulb I think I just found it

I think I just found it. As the old saying goes, "if it were a snake...it would have bit me".

In MicroStudio I needed to click on the "Use Hard Drive" button on the Play or Custom Assembly Tab.

Let me know if this is correct. If it is, I will probably purchase the suite of software this week. Any time frame on KPro 5.0 when multiple colors will be available?

Thanks

Mike
Lincoln-NE
Old July 22nd, 2003, 10:44 PM
Frequent Member

got it right on the button. I assume the demo contains the manual to Karaoke Pro. Please take the time to read it because it not only contains instruction on how to use the software but info that will make your use of it more pleasurable than just jumping in feet first.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 10:47 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by danny_g
got it right on the button. I assume the demo contains the manual to Karaoke Pro. Please take the time to read it because it not only contains instruction on how to use the software but info that will make your use of it more pleasurable than just jumping in feet first.
I aslo assume that the Microstudio demo also contains the manual.

I own all four programs- Karaoke Pro, MIcrostudio, Keyrite, and Vogone and am very happy with all of the programs. I use Microstudio and Karaoke Pro the most.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 03:50 PM

Dynamicmike,
You are correct, you need to use the Microstudio, exactly as you stated for it to play the newly created .cdg file.

Danny_G is correct also, about the manuals giving you alot of useful information, they are located in both programs under the Help Menu\Read Manual.