MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 18th, 2003, 07:57 AM

Just Forget About Your Loyal Customer Base

I was quite surprised to see that loyal MTU customers problems are dealt with by the moderator just deleting subject threads.

Why can't our problems be dealt with.
You talk of testimonials to your products but when some people have genuine concerns and problems and offer constructive critisicism you delete the thread why???

I put in a genuine concern last night with some blatant observations and it got deleted.

I asked what happen when your network card fails and has to be replaced. Replacing a network card entails a new mac address.

Does MTU have plans in place to deal with this???
A simple yes or no would suffice.

You don't have to DELETE my query

Finally can I have my serial number or a refund of all monies paid to MTU so far either one or the other you decide....

Or will you just delete

Mark Gorman
Old February 18th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Here is why

Mark, thank you for your feedback. I hope you understand that we are listening to valid, factual feedback, but we do delete emotional feedback. I did not delete the Thread you posted in. I moved it to an MTU Private Forum so we can study the complaints and learn from them... in private as they were emotional with no beneficial facts for our Forum visitors. When kjzone pointed out I had not mentioned the new requirement for a network card in the new KPro product, I immediately modified our home page, the Karaoke Pro product page, and the News page to try and insure all users were informed of the new requirement.

However, MTU's Forums are for the exchange of information about our products that are beneficial to all who visit. They are our primary support mechanism as they insure we do receive the request, which email cannot insure. Any posts that contain no facts, but rather only complainings and emotions are of no value to us or our clients and have been deleted for years. The thread you were posted in had turned into a complaining, emotional one with no value other than expressing displeasure with our using a more secure method than we have in the past. There are many users who are far less knowledgeable than you who are doing exactly what we ask them to, getting their Serial Numbers, and running their new KPro 4.0 software... that they got for free. Why we are not meeting your needs is still unknown to me.

You are the first and only complaint we have had about our using HTML for our manual. We used Word .doc files years ago because they could be printed very nicely. However, those who didn't have Word could not see the pictures as Wordpad (that everyone has free in Windows) would not show them. Then I went to Adobe .pdf files. You can't imagine the complaints we got from that from a MASSIVE percentage of users. That did not last very long!!! HTML is the only medium that EVERY client has immediate access to. We found that AOL's browser did not conform to standard 2.0, 3.2 or 4.0. Thus, our programs were modified to launch the always available Internet Explorer that fully conforms to all HTML versions. I personally do the manual with Macromedia's Homesite 5.1 and verify compliance to 2.0, 3.2 and 4.0 HTML standards, totally using the modern and non-depricated Tags. I would be very interested in any facts you care to post here as to why you said we use "bad HTML". But... please try to leave the emotions out.

As to new computers having network ports, we take this from the mirid of users we interface with on a daily basis that report to us they have a network card. The majority are located in the USA so we could have a bias in our statistics. When their computer is new, it is very rare for them not to have this port. In the USA, Internet users are rapidly converting to DSL and Cable which both require a network connection. I could see that in Scotland you may not have the general population converting as we have here. I can see maybe we did not fully realize that other countries may not have a network port. On the same hand, the primary theft sites that I have to go after have all been in the British Isles, which is most disturbing to us in the USA. We would expect theft from non-english speaking countries, but not our own brothers whom we so deeply respect!!! I can say that these UK crack sites are THE reason for our enhanced security. Period!

Yes... we have a plan to deal with requests for replacing failed MACID's. Also, after the first 100 Serial Number requests that we are handling manually to test our our JavaScripts that verify ownership and the right to obtain a free upgrade, we will shift over to our web form automatically computing and sending requested and approved Serial Numbers to the registered email address instantly. A second request must be manually approved and will be done without argument. Our database holds all requested MACID's and sent SN's so we have a record to insure we don't have abuse going on. However... our focus is to make it as painless as we can for our "honest, paying customers" while still making it "hopefully" impossible for the cracker/hacker to break our security and post KPro on a crack site. During the first 3 days of introducing KPro, and a debilitating ice storm also, I hope you understand that we are experiencing an extrordinary situation, not the normal we expect.

Your accusation was unwarranted that we are unprofessional because we can't get to work due to glaze ice on ALL our city roads. We had 1/8 inch of freezing rain, then 2 inches of sleet, then another 1/8 inch of freezing rain on top of that. It is impossible even to stand on our roads. MTUSUPPORT has a 4-wheel drive Jeep, and could not get out of his driveway, much less down his 30 degree steep street with no hope to get back up. Further, the DEMAND of our police to NOT TRAVEL on the roads unless it is an emergency also kept us at home.

I am surprised you don't have your SN by now. Yesterday I insured our employee who is in charge of computing and sending the SN's was able to do this from home. He is very diligent, so I would expect he has sent out all requests by now. If you don't have yours, please post here so I can work on getting it to you.

I thank you for your posts, and hope this gives you some of the logic an reasoning behind our decisions. I have been in my own businesses for 32 years, continuously since 1977. That does not happen unless we provide superior support and products. If your experience has been less than we normally provide, we will try to change that. You enable us to solve your problems when you give us facts and not insults.

BTW: Brian Corr is a young man who is your countryman. You might want to search on "Corr" to see his attitude about MTU and how he works with us instead of against us. I hope we will win you over also to the fact we are very user focused, even though we have temporary problems from time to time that are beyond our control.
Old February 18th, 2003, 10:11 AM

An Apology

Sorry for my comments but it was late last night and yes I was quite angry to see how things were being dealt with.

Perhaps I had the idea that the company was a big concern and not a small business with limited employees.

Being self employed and the sole worker in what I do I appreciate this. I imagined MTU to be a large corporation

I am not against you I am just upset that the user is put through a lot of grief to use your product. But once explained I can understand why. What is even sadder is that the people cracking your software are based in the UK sorry about that

Okay with the manual problems what I mean with regards to bad html. It's just really poor quality the layout etc.

Sorry but I am being honest with no emotion.
If you have any time please take a look at Al Sparber's site www.projectseven.com his company does beautiful html.

He supplies complete design packs with pdf manuals that are just awsome. If you were to design your manuals on that scale I for one would pay extra for a better manual no problem.

Thanks for your explanations and no dis-respect to MTU

Mark Gorman