MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM

KHPro Upgrade Question..

I thought I sent this in through the contact page but maybe I didn't...

Question:
I was attempting to upgrade my KHPro. The upgrade page says its a free upgrade if purchased after Sept 2006 but the version listed is 4.107 I purchased Dec 2006 but my version is 4.105 When I attempt to upgrade it says to enter a registration code and to not enter one from a previous version. Should I anyway or do I get a different code?
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
I thought I sent this in through the contact page but maybe I didn't...

Question:
I was attempting to upgrade my KHPro. The upgrade page says its a free upgrade if purchased after Sept 2006 but the version listed is 4.107 I purchased Dec 2006 but my version is 4.105 When I attempt to upgrade it says to enter a registration code and to not enter one from a previous version. Should I anyway or do I get a different code?
I am not sure where you found that page, but the current version is 4.11 released in Sept 29, 2008 and your previous version would have to be purchased no more than 18 months before or after March 29, 2007.
So based on what you said, then you will have to purchase the Upgrade for $15.00. This information is found in the Support section/KHPro on the MTU website.
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:22 AM

The page with the information I listed was on your site two days ago and now it is not. You need to get with who ever changed the pages to collaborate what I saw.
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The page with the information I listed was on your site two days ago and now it is not. You need to get with who ever changed the pages to collaborate what I saw.
I think it was more that your Internet Explorer had a cached copy of the page and that is what you saw, because 4.11 has been out since Sept 2008 and many people have bought the Upgrade or downloaded it. Go to Internet Options, on the General Tab, open Settings for Browsing History and change the setting for "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to any setting other than "Never."
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Mine is and has been set to "always" as I have broadband. I also store very little temp content (50 mb). My home and work machines are both set the same and I found the page on both. There is a support ticket and it might be best to resolve this there, but I know what I saw and being an IT director, I know how I saw it which was from a page from your site.
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mine is and has been set to "always" as I have broadband. I also store very little temp content (50 mb). My home and work machines are both set the same and I found the page on both. There is a support ticket and it might be best to resolve this there, but I know what I saw and being an IT director, I know how I saw it which was from a page from your site.
I don't know how or why you saw that particular page, but everytime I have looked at it the page lists version 4.11. If you had a shortcut or favorite to it that may have gotten you to the wrong page, because the who;e web site has had major changes done to it within the last 2 or 3 months. By the way if you will check my signature I am not an MTU employee as most of the people who post in this forum trying to help each other. If you submitted a ticket I am sure MTU will look to see if there is a problem.
That aside since you have not upgraded since 2006 and 4.07 is no longer available then I am sure that you will need to purchase an upgrade license for version 4.11 if you wish to upgrade.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I am the only one who edits our web site pages. I'm burning 20hrs/day now and I assure you I have not even fired up my FTP program to access MTU.com. I will say we have a ServerMaster who could restore a backup version in case of a crash, but there has been no problems so I don't think that happened.

Some Search Engines also cache pages that they deliver to you. I saw one myself in the past year where the delivered page was many years old. I was shocked. After clicking my browser refresh, the new page was delivered.