MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:35 PM

Newbie question- burner or software

I haven't bought Microstudio yet but have been considering it because of problems copying CDG's.

My primary burner is a Memorex DVD+R/CD-R burner.
http://www.memorex.com/products/prod...id=424&oid=490
This is the same as the Richo 5125A.

I have been using CloneCD software which worked great for about the first 20 or so copies that I made and then I tried copying some Supercore CDG's. For some reason I am having major problems with this brand. Usually the songs on my copy, at the beginning are fine but somewhere in the middle of the CD the songs will get messed up where the graphics become unreadable. Sometimes the CD's stop and I get a read error.

Memorex said that my player/writer support CD+G as a burner but not as a reader. I was able to read 20 or so discs, just not this brand, before. Also CloneCD and other programs say that my drive is CD+G compatible.

Is my drive causing my problem? Is CloneCD the problem? I have tried 2 different kinds of media made by Prodisc and Taiyo Yuden so that isn't the problem.
Old January 15th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Administrator

The other program uses a different reading and writing method, that work with more drives. However... it won't allow importing individual tracks or playing a CDG disc. That is the tradeoff advantage with Microstudio; you can duplicate, import individual tracks, play hard drive or CD stored tracks, and make custom assembly discs of only the songs you want.

As to Supercore CDG discs, are you using DVD media? Unless I'm wrong that is required for this format. Microstudio currently does not support DVD read/write. We have plans for that, but its' not there yet.

If you want to test Microstudio on your drive, click here to download the free demo.
Old January 15th, 2004, 07:11 PM

Spec from Richo

Based from the spec found at the UK site of Richo on your OEM version of the Richo 5125A, it doesn't seem to be able to read or write cdg.

Memorex does say it reads Karaoke cd but that means what? VCD?

I bought an AOpen DRW4410 which is the OEM version of the Richo MP5240 A & it's capable of reading only the cdg format but not with MIcrostudio.
I'm using CDG Ripper which I can than convert my bin file to cdg to read with Microstudio.

To extract you will need to use the MMC Deinterleave Mode & also an ASPI driver if you wish to run a test.

Another suggestion, Plextor is a real CDG burner just in case you have in mind to go this way...

Regards
Old January 16th, 2004, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by admin

As to Supercore CDG discs, are you using DVD media? Unless I'm wrong that is required for this format. Microstudio currently does not support DVD read/write. We have plans for that, but its' not there yet.
I have DVD media but I haven't used it. I don't know if my karaoke play can play DVD's. Why would a CDG need to be burned on a DVD when the original is only a CD?
Old January 16th, 2004, 09:40 AM

RE CLONE CD,

Have you tried slowing your write speed down? Could possibly be a buffer underrun problem. Are the buffer guages dropping to zero at about the same time it quits writing? The buffers should only start emptying towards the end of the track.

Just a thought,

George
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:31 AM

Burning and reading at 1X. Can't go any slower but this is somewhat better than faster speeds. Buffer isn't emptying until the very end of disc since I have been doing DAO.
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:37 AM

Maybe 1X is a problem. Most newer high speed burners and much of the high speed media are not configured to handle 1X. I asked them at Plextor if their inboard 48X would write 1X when someone else was questioning that, and they said no.