MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 15th, 2003, 12:29 PM

EDIROL Sound Canvas

I seem to remember reading someone suggested the use of EDIROL's Visual Soundcanvas for converting Midi music into Wav files and editing the song by adding appropriate music instruments. I just purchased the software. However, I could only get the conversion from Midi to Wav (I get other freeware to do that), but how do you save the change with the say, orchestra instruments added? The manual does not help, and calling EDITROL didn't get me anywhere either.
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:21 PM

Benjamin,

To save the changes you've made:

While track is still playing:

Click on SET UP:Make certain to be on the RECEIVE EVENTS page.

Click ALL OFF :

Uncheck SELECT "RECEIVE ALL" WHEN RESET THE SOUND MODULE

(all squares on the page now unchecked)You do this after the track starts playing and then start making changes but be careful not to let the song run out or it will default to all piano. Use the "rewind" button as often as needed to prevent this from happening.

Also if you make the changes before shutting everything off be careful also not to let the track run out or it will default back to original sequencing and you lose your changes.

ClicK on AUDIO CONVERSION

Fill in FILE NAME

Save as AUDIO FILE(.WAV)

44.1Khxz 16 bit Stereo/wave

Conversion method MUST BE "CONVERT WITH SAME SETTINGS AS THOSE USED FOR SONG". If that methosd is not selected the file will convert without any changes saved.

Hope I haven't skipped anything.

Take care,

George
Old August 15th, 2003, 03:34 PM

Dear George:

Thanks a million for your reply and your instructions on how to use the EDIROL Sound Canvas. Without your help I would never be able to figure it all out. I certainly could not get all the necessary information to make the software work by just reading the Owner's Manual. How could any vendor provide a software without any proper manual? Also, the person who manned the tech support line didn't know what I was talking about either. Now I have tried your steps on one song, and it seemed to be working. This is also a tribute to the Forum of MTU. Obviously, this is the place where people can get all the questions answered by people who care. Thanks again.

Ben
Old August 15th, 2003, 04:02 PM

Ben,

You're more than welcome. Enjoy

George
Old August 16th, 2003, 12:47 AM

George:

I have to trouble you again. When I tried to play with the Controller, trying to edit a midi song with all the sound choices, I ran into something I couldn't understand. For instance, if I choose Ensemble/violin, I can chose Solo trying to listen the effects. However, sometimes I can hear the violin playing, but with some songs, I didn't hear anything. It appears that it is random; sometimes I could hear the instrument and sometimes nothing. Is this normal?

Ben
Old August 16th, 2003, 08:26 AM

Ben,

You got me on that one. The only time I've had an instrument that I selected "come and go" was if the original instrument I replaced was scored to do the same.

Only other possibility with an instrument such as a violin might be that the MASTER VOLUME level at the bottom of the instrument panel is not set loud enough and at some points you're just not hearing it. For most songs I usually leave that slider full open.

Otherwise, I'm lost on that one.

Take care,
George
Old August 17th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Hmmm

Might be the range?

If you are saying that when you play say the Violin at times some of the notes don't play, then it may very well be the range of the instrument in Edirol versus the range on the midi file.

I know that I use reason and Sonar (sonar has the edirol light version included and reason has the most control over anything else) I have to add the range of the intrument of it isn't hitting all the notes.

I don't use Edirol, but if you can see the notes as the play you might watch the notes play and see if sounds don't play above or below a certain note. You can compensate for this, but I don't know how to do it in Edirol.

I wrote a bit about how I make music using MIDI files in another thread HERE

Hope this helps