MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 4th, 2003, 12:35 AM

KPro would not start

My KPro would not open. When I clicked on the icon, it simply puts an icon on the bottom of the screen which says: Karaoke Pro [Untitled] Editing Lyrics. I uninstalled the software and then reinstalled it, and it still did the same.
Old August 4th, 2003, 05:22 AM

More Info...

I know that from time to time, I would have trouble where Microstudio wouldn't work on my computer. In order to help, more information is needed.

What version of KPro do you have? What type of system? Has it worked before? When was the last time it worked? What did you do since it last worked (Significantly). What other MTU software do you have? The last time you used it, did things run normally?

Did you fully remove KPro? Even the directories? I would say that if I had this problem and it worked before, I might even remove any Registry settings.... But I AM NOT recommending that...

We need more information to help, I hope you understand, put yourself in our shoes. "My Car Won't Start" So! What do you want from us... tell us a little more, okay!
Old August 4th, 2003, 09:23 AM

I just purchased KPro version 4.001 recently. I have been using it for a few days, although I am having trouble making an acceptable song for various reasons unrelated to this current trouble. My computer is a Gateway 700XL which has lots of resources; Windows XL Home Edition. I don't quite remember exactly what I was doing when this trouble happened. Since the icon on the bottom menu bar says (editing lyrics), it must be that I was trying to import lyrics or music. I simply used Control Panel to uninstall the program, restart the computer, and reinstall. It still would not start. Thanks for your attempt to help.
Old August 4th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Frequent Member

do you have an nvidia card? had that problem with a different program. went to the item on my taskbar tray and clicked on nvidia properties. I then went to monitor and clicked monitor 1 and my program opened and showed up on the screen.
Old August 4th, 2003, 01:03 PM

So, when you click on the icon, you can't see Kpro, but you can see something in the task bar? Can you right mouse click on the KPro and then select Maximize?

I know that once in Hoster we lost the ability to see the screen and I can't remember how that happened. But when we restarted it everything worked fine.

Also, KPro is on version 4.008. If you still have your download link, click on it again and download it. The file will look the same, but it should be the current version. Then install THIS version and see if it fixes your problem...

I can't find the version history on the website here, but I don't remember version 4.001, doesn't mean anything, but it that is what you have, I would get the current version.
Old August 4th, 2003, 01:20 PM

Thanks for all your help. First, I must apologize for giving you the wrong version of KPro. It's version 4.008; not 4.001.

By clicking on the right mouse and then Maximize, it worked. Stupid of me. Thanks again. Now I can go forward to try solving the other problems I have in using KPro.
Old August 4th, 2003, 02:16 PM

I don't know why, but sometimes in Hoster, and aparently in KPro, when you shut down and restart, it will always be minimized. I just find it odd that that would survive a reinstall

Oh well, Glad it worked. Don't consider it stupid, do you know how many people use to complain their computer wouldn't work and NOT turn the darn thing on?

It happens. More heads sometime help when the obvious has been overlooked.
Old August 4th, 2003, 02:31 PM

Can't figure why Kpro and Hoster are minimizing on you folks after shut down. Something may be conflicting with the settings.

Might be worth a try to maximize the program, then close out, noting the time. Then create a restore point to the that time. Then do a system restore to that time. Seems like the pc should hold those settings. Dunno, just brainstorming.

Take care,
George

Last edited by George; August 12th, 2003 at 09:55 PM.
Old August 4th, 2003, 03:39 PM

Hmm

Didn't really seem to be a problem, more of an annoyance really. I know that some programs that when minimized will remain minimized even if they are shut down and restarted. I don't know if that is just native to windows, or if it is omission of something in the code. Not reall that big a deal. I just remembered it happening to me and thought, "Maybe this is what happened..."

I think it was more of an oversite.