MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 14th, 2003, 09:19 PM

Unhappy Downloading

I received the messages to download the new KPro4.008 and I am not too clear how this works.
First I went to the site and registered
Then I got two messages one with the Order number and the other with the instructions.
The instructions state that we shoul go to the site to obtain a serial number. At that point you download KProID.exe. Here things got a bit confused, I do not know what MACID is (are). But regardless when KProID.exe ran there was only one chice so I went with it.
I went to the site and requested my Serial Number. I would expect that this will get to me on Monday.

In order to save time I went to the site to download the program, to have it already in the hard drive when the Serial Number arrives. After I downloaded the program it started to install, but since I do not have the Serial Number I stopped its installation. When I went looking for the program in te hardrive...it was not there. The only two files that vaguely resemple KPRO40.exe were these two files:
KPRO40[1].EXE-0CB52AB0.pf
KPROID[1].EXE-2A772DA7.pf
Neither one of them is the right file.

Do I have to go to the site to download the program again when I get the serial number?
Even before starting the download, should I uninstall KHP 3.1?

Is it correct to assume that you cannot download the KPro40.exe file before you have the Serial Number because it starts to install automatically?

Is it also possible that if one opts for not finishing the installation, the file is erased and one must re-download?

Puzzled

BANDL
Old February 14th, 2003, 09:27 PM

KPro Ugrade

Okay I see from your web site that the free upgrade is at last available or is it???? Looks like vapour ware to me so far.

How do you get this upgrade???
What do you do???
Where do you download from???

Well all I can say the upgrade is badly organised.
So please can you clarify how to get this???

Not much to ask from a loyal customer

Mark G
Old February 15th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

I do believe that the program should not install automatically. In order to save the the program for backup purposes one has to do so BEFORE installation. I know this much from bitter expereince. Without the total co-operation of MTU I would not have any of my MTU programs!!!

Check the places where one sets preferences to see if you have installation as automatic. Cannot guide you as to where unfortunately as I am a complete ignoramous in that department. This is not very informative, is it? Sorry, but I just wanted you to know that you should be able to download the program without the need to immediately install.

best wishes
Old February 15th, 2003, 09:58 AM

Thanks...but

Thanks Lauraine
I'll check the preferences. However, as you can see from the other two postings in the KPro help forum there is a problem with the basic manner in which the download is set up. The instructions are confusing (for me anyway). The writing of those instructions leaves a lot to be desired.

I am not sure why the "old" way of downloading and upgrading software was changed. Before it was not great, but we got use to it.

Are you going to download KPro?....Let me know

On a different subject...I made two Bisbals CDGs "Llorare mis Penas" and "Ave Maria". I made them using a blend of MIDI and .wav files (the wave for the chorus parts) it works out pretty good.

BANDL
Old February 15th, 2003, 10:23 AM

Yes, I have done so already. Had no problems once I changed my op.sys to XP. I had Win'98 previously. However, they have sorted out the Win'98 download problem, I understand. It's all to do with MACID thingy.

They have introduced this for security purposes, I'm told. Before, once the program was saved onto disc it could be installed on any PC, but now it will only be successfully installed on the one computer, the one for which the MACID is recognised. I can see the company's view-point even though it causes us a little trouble in the beginning. Once over this it is all worthwhile though. The improvements to the program are already manifest, and the current beta testing program promises all sorts of wonderful goodies. So bear with it if you can; I believe you will be amply rewarded for your patience.

best wishes

ps go to your Private Message Box
Old February 15th, 2003, 10:44 AM

I'm with you Bandl... I did exacly the same..only I don't seem to have a "macid" number.. I downloaded the new version though
and it installed fine.. But when I click on the programme shortcut on the desktop it say's....

" System Error #1.. contact MTU ".

I probably don't have the "right bits" on this computer..

Does anyone know what the minimum specs are for running this prog..

STEVE
Old February 15th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Just read the manual...The specs on this computer seem to be O/K
for running the new version...Must be something else I'm not doing right

STEVE
Old February 15th, 2003, 07:56 PM

Make certain to follow the new download instructions you received for Kpro step by step . Your old KHP download instructions will not work.

An easy step to overlook is make certain to run the KproID.exe program if you download it to save rather than open.

Old February 16th, 2003, 09:00 AM

Question

CANNOT GET KPRO TO DOWNLOAD FROM EXISTING LINK.
WHAT NOW ???
TERRY STALEY
Old February 16th, 2003, 09:17 AM

Cool More Info

Terry
Did you try downloading from and old MTU link (i.e. from the KHP3.1 link)? This will not work. The link has to come from a new MTU message that contains instructions (a bit confusing) and the proper links.

BANDL

PS On a positive side. I just finished downloading KP4.008 and will try to use it today.
Old February 16th, 2003, 10:28 AM

Bandl

Glad you were successful and were able to sort out the confusion.

best wishes

Go to Private messages, I have some good news, but not relevent to this thread.
Old February 17th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Hummmmm

I'm truly sorry you have not found the method to upgrade yet. We try to make it clear, but understand that we don't always accomplish what we intend.

Click here to visit our home page. You will see an Order and two Upgrade buttons. One is right for you, but I can't decide... only you can based on what you have. These same links can be found at The Karaoke Pro page and Our Upgrade Policy page and I upgraded my post in this Forum.

These buttons will take you to the store where you can pay by credit card, or if you are entitled to a free download, you will receive the email to download the program without paying.

Our store has the Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) so you can get the instructions and required links to download once you have done this. Your order also places you in our database as "owning" the KPro 4.008 version for future upgrades.

You will have to run the KProID.exe program on the computer you will install and run KPro on. Then, click the Send button in KProID to send your netword card MACID code to our web site, and fill in the form. We have to manually generate your Serial Number at this time, so we will take a little time. The MACID inbedded in your network card or port is unique in the world, so that is what we tie our new security to when we generate your Serial Number. We are sorry for the extra step, but we just can't have our software appear on crack sites as our older security seemed to encourage.

Right now (Feb 17, 2003), Raleigh, NC (where we are) is iced down and we can't get to work yet. We are trying to process Serial Number requests from home as best we can.

I hope this clears up your confusion. If not, post where you got to and we'll help you the rest of the way.
Old February 25th, 2003, 02:49 PM

Thoroughly miffed! Where's my Kpro!

Now I have fought my way out of the "Kproid wont run" thread, I now have this one to join.

I have 3 emails

1) MTU.COM Order confirmation

2) MTU.COM Product Download Instructions

3) Fwd: Karaoke Pro Registration Request

I have downloaded Kproid.exe (eventually).
I have run Kproid.exe
I have completed the online form (acknowledged by the reciept of(3) above)
I have used the link in (2) which downloaded the 2Kb file "Readme Kpro 4.zip" rather than the expected 6.77Mb kpro40.exe
The zip file contains a file "kpro 4.txt"
This file contains the common text of the email (2) above.

I really, really, REALLY would like to use the new version of Kpro before the next version is released at the end of March!!!

[color=red]Stop Press!!
A little help from DougD sorted this - seems it was a matter of bad timing!

Last edited by Soloscorpion; February 25th, 2003 at 04:21 PM.