MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 16th, 2003, 01:51 PM

Questions on How to...

I downloaded Kpro4.008 and have a couple of questions.
When one is trying to improve the synchronization of the words/music with the > or <, how much should one click? If one loops, at some point it seems to get worst and eventually the sound gets warbled. Is it matter of getting use to it and "guessing". I have seen other softawares where the sinchronization takes place in a very graphical interface (wave file and boxes with text). Is this in the 4.1 version (I know that it is to early for suggestions but that would be helpful )

The other observation that I have is that in the previous versions, once you left KHP3.1, for example, all the settings were maintained with this version everything goes back to default values. Could that be changed?

I am trying to learn the "adjusting game" so bear with me.

BANDL
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Advanced Settings

Click the Advanced Settings button in the Adjust Lyrics Screen. You will find the "Adjust amount:" field where you can change how much (to 0.01 seconds resolution) you will move the highlight start or ending with each < or > click.

The factory default I believe is set to 0.20 (200 milliseconds or 1/5th a second). If this is too much for you, change it.

We don't use a graphical waveform as this will actually cause you to create an edit that is out of sync with the rest of the song when you apply the Advance Offset: amount to remove your human response time, and move all the lyrics to appear early to cue the singer. Once you understand the adjusting, it will be more natural.
Old February 23rd, 2003, 09:58 AM

Talking You are correct

I am becoming a bit more familiar with Kpro. It does take a bit of time to get used to the moving of the sweeping. One thing that I found was that, if you want to move the sweeping of the whole word forward (or backwards) it is better to move both the start and the end the same number of "clicks". If you only move the start the word is swept earlier but slower. I have put together two songs. More later

BANDL