MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 9th, 2016, 01:04 AM

Angry Conversion To Kma

Can somebody explain why was taken off from songverter the option to convert cd+g files to kma? By the way was taken off from my already installed version, which it means that MTU did while connecting with their server to update, something I consider very wrong and unfair. What really is it an update? Hacking in my pc to manipulate software I legally bought from MTU, by removing valuable features which I paid for?
Well but the point is that I was using songverter to convert kma files to mp3 to separate audio from lyrics and make editions to audio (enhance poor audio from cd+g tracks, then I would replace the original audio file with the enhanced audio and finally convert it back to a kma file exact to the original kma file.
Now I can't do that any more, just up to convert the file to mp3 and after enhancing the audio I just can leave it as an mp3+g file. Then I have to put in a cd and re-import it with hoster as kma.

The same happened with khpro. In one of the famous updates or upgrades they took off the use of the mouse to adjust lyrics, for the CTRL <> or <> whatever the case>
IT WAS EASIER WITH THE MOUSE PEOPLE.
WHAT REALLY IS UN UPGRADE OR AN UPDATE?

IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THE ISSUE OF ENHANCING AUDIO BY CONVERTING FILES IN THE DB FROM KMA TO MP3+G AND THEN BACK TO KMA AND IN TO THE DB, IS VERY WELCOME.

THANK YOU

Thank you

Last edited by Emilio Guifarro; February 9th, 2016 at 01:08 AM. Reason: REMARK
Old February 9th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Conversion To Kma

If they were originally imported from CD as kma why can't you just re import them from the CD at the highest bitrate of 192 for KMA types ?

If they were originally hard drive imports why can't you re import them direct from the import hard drive files dialog as kma types ?

Which Version of Songverter were you using before ?
I believe you can go back to version 1.21 but it only works on 32bit computers.

How do you go about enhancing the audio in an existing mp3 file ?
Apart from re ripping at a higher rate I don't know how you can do that.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 17th, 2016, 05:58 PM

Hey, I feel your pain and I totally agree with you. I purchased the upgrade because it was supposed to perform better than my old 1.002 version that supposedly had bugs. Fortunately I had my old version to fall back on, and it is working fine on my 64 bit machine. But I still paid for version 1.33 that the MTU site it still says today that you can convert TO KMA as you can see below. Roy may have suggested other ways to do what you want to do but why should you or I have to learn new ways when we pay for programs that are supposed to do it the way we know and have always done it? I discussed this with Bryan at MTU on 2/13/15 and he said they would update at some point to do KMA or KMH but it has been a year and not done. My free updates expired 2/6/16 so now if it is updated I suppose I will be expected to pay again.

Songverter™ Audio/Karaoke File Converter Software

If you have a file that a program won't open because it is the wrong file format, Songverter is your answer. This file converter can do one file at a time, or convert all files from the selected format into the new format.
Convert These File Formats
To These Karaoke File Formats
Or These Audio File Formats
Karaoke files with lyrics: KMA, BIN, MP3+G, WMA+G, WAV+G, ZIP*
KMA, BIN, MP3+G, WMA+G, WAV+G, ZIP*
MP3, WMA, WAV
(lyrics removed)
Audio files: MP3, WMA, WAV
KMA, BIN, MP3+G, WMA+G, WAV+G, ZIP (black lyrics created)
MP3, WMA, WAV
Old March 11th, 2016, 07:23 PM

I think either I don't understand what Roy said or he did not understand what i said. I can't re-import tracks from cd+g that I am trying to enhace audio from. I can do it but recording the enhanced audio track in a new cd and that means wasting cd's. I used to do it converting the file to mp3+g then enhance the audio, delete the orginal (the bad one) then re-convert that mp3 file to kma file with the same name in the data base but after deleting the original in it.

thank you