MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 31st, 2004, 09:15 PM

Ack!!! Disc type is not supported.

I just received my new internal Plextor PX-712A, (Ordered from MTU). I Installed it as a slave, (Replaceing a DVD reader), and started playing. Everything was going along fine until I tried writing a new CDG. I got the following error message:

Quote:
"Error: 'Start DAO Recording' command failed on device 1:1:0 Disc type is not supported."
I looked up the error message in the post that list all of them and it said"

Quote:
"NOTE: This only occurs with the Plextor PX-W708 or PX-W712 DVD Recorder Models.

SOLUTION: Remove Roxio EZ CD Creator 6 and Nero 6. These 2 programs will cause this error."
Well, I did uninstall them but the error message persists.

I also have a plextor Premium drive installed and it writes without a hitch.

Any thoughts about what else might be causing this error?
Old September 1st, 2004, 04:40 PM

Re: Ack!!! Disc type is not supported.

It seems that if you have Nero 6, EZ CD Creator 6, or CloneCD installed and set to AutoStart when the computer boots, they cause this problem.

You can either Remove these programs, which will fix the problem for sure. Or you can set them so that they don't start when you turn your computer on.

This error is listed at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3622
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT
It seems that if you have Nero 6, EZ CD Creator 6, or CloneCD installed and set to AutoStart when the computer boots, they cause this problem.

You can either Remove these programs, which will fix the problem for sure. Or you can set them so that they don't start when you turn your computer on.

This error is listed at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3622
I don't have Nero or CloneCD but did install the EZ CD Creator 6 that came in the package with the drive. I looked up the error message in the same post that you listed and un-installed the EZ CD Creator 6 and re-booted.

As I stated before, the error still persists. Any other clues?

Thanx
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Search for "ASPI" in all Forums and also go to the FAQ page from our Home page and read on ASPI there. MTUSUPPORT is on vacation until Monday, but I'm fairly confident the problem is one of these other programs has damaged your ASPI driver.

Also, try changing the driver in the Tools menu. You will need to close and restart Hoster when you do this.

NOTE: Anything changing the ASPI requires a reboot of Windows.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Search for "ASPI" in all Forums and also go to the FAQ page from our Home page and read on ASPI there. MTUSUPPORT is on vacation until Monday, but I'm fairly confident the problem is one of these other programs has damaged your ASPI driver.

Also, try changing the driver in the Tools menu. You will need to close and restart Hoster when you do this.

NOTE: Anything changing the ASPI requires a reboot of Windows.
Saints be praised brother Admin!!

I Shut down yesterday and ran off to do a show. Upon my return, I tested it again and now it works like a champ! The only thing I can think of is that this time, it was a power off re-boot as opposed to a power-on reboot. (Thought that only had an effect when reloaded the micro-code). Oh well, I don't really know why, didn't do anything to deserve it, but it's running like a scalded dog now.

"If it dosent work, make an issue out of it..... Then it will magicly start working". Situation: Normal