MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 1st, 2001, 09:28 AM

Sound Choice conversion sites?

I can't copy my Sound Choice CD+G to my hard drive, but it plays in my computer. Is there a web site out there that converts their disks into a format that can be duplicated? Any help for someone who has mostly all Sound Choice karaoke disks?
Old December 1st, 2001, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Question What software are you using?

What software are you using?

If you can read their discs at all, Microstudio can play them. The later SC discs use the new MediaCloq (it is stamped on the inner ring of the disc) which Microstudio will not read or play.
Old December 2nd, 2001, 05:26 PM
Frequent Member

So what happens if and when Sound Choice goes out of business and you have the new copy protected discs? Does that mean that when companies end making CDG discs we the users are screwed out of our business when the discs either break or wear out?
Old December 4th, 2001, 07:23 AM

Sound Choice has been around since the '80s! What makes you think you're going to be in "business" longer than them? If you're in the KJ business, maybe you ought to worry more about undercutting KJs using illegal libraries they "copy".
Old December 4th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Frequent Member

take for instance Pioneer, The original DK, etc. If not for my backup copies of my 34 Pioneer discs I would have no pioneer manufactured songs since they no longer produce the ones they already had for sale. When they switched over to dvd they ceased production on all CDG products leaving their customer base in limbo. Now the only way to get an original is to wait for some poor Karaoke Host to go out of business for health reasons or because they made all the money they wanted out of it just so you can buy theri system that includes a full set of DK or Pioneer dsics. I would not call every pioneer song inferier either. I have also been impressed with the quality of a lot of the original DK. both have tracks that in my opinion are better than SOund Choice's. I actually prefer Pioneer's version of Yesterday by the beatles over Pioneer's and Chartbuster's Loser by 3 doors down sounds like the original. I pay less money for chartbuster and be able to back it up too. I also would get a much better warrantee with Chartbuster than I would with SOund Choice and afetr a while Sound Choice stops playing due to the paint chipping off of the label. so while some songs are inferior to sound choice's they might last longer in the wear and tear department.

Last edited by danny_g; December 4th, 2001 at 09:44 AM.
Old December 4th, 2001, 02:18 PM

Pioneer discs

In reading these posts, I came across the reference to Pioneer discs.. are you talking about the old laser disks?? the 12" ones, that have about 28 songs on them, they use both sides of the disk. Our business has them and our pioneer laser disc player is on it's last legs, we are told it won't be able to be repaired again... so when it goes so goes all that music. We have about 100 of these disc's and even though we have about half the songs on other discs by other manufactorers, the pioneer versions of the music is in alot of cases much superior to other brands. I'd really like to convert those 12" disc's to regular cdg disks.... to be played by our standard karaoke equipment. I feel that I should be entitled to do this since I paid for this music in the first place and now am on the verge of losing ...
Old December 4th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Frequent Member

no I am talking the CDG sries I have 1 through 33, 35, 38, 209 & 211. I cannot get the rest legally unless some one has 34, 36, 39-57, 201-208,210, 212-220 and 301-308.

if you want cd sized pioneer you gotta hook your laser up to a video capture card that is conected to your computer and copy the songs as video files- if you can save them as MPEG-1 video files you can then burn them as VCD's. To play them I suggest getting a player that plays VCD & CDG, something like the JVC 22 0r 33 or RSQ's versions of those disc players. or you can just save the audio as wave files and recreate them using KHProducer 2.

Last edited by danny_g; December 4th, 2001 at 06:20 PM.
Old December 5th, 2001, 02:57 PM

Thank you Danny... I already have the karaoke equipment... (work as a KJ) So.. thanks, if your info is correct, you have saved me big bucks!!! I just hate to think that those old (but great) laser disk karaoke tracks will be lost... they make up a fairly large portion of my library. As far as the series you referred to... 'CDG' series 1 through 33,... etc" what brand series?
Old December 5th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Frequent Member

Pioneer cdg. I would have loved to have started out with all the lasers and converted them to cdg but I didn't have that kind of money when I started out. I started out with 22 Laser discs from various manufacterers- mostly Tip Top. Now I own over 240 cdg's and several VCD's.