MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:47 PM

PC Help

I am not a KJ nor DJ. I just have a PC that I want to setup as a karaoke pc for my garage/beer joint for parties and such. so my question is am I correct thinking that all i need is my pc and microstudio and a valid cdrw from mtu to complete my home karaoke system. i have tons of cdg's and want to import them to the pc and be able to play them and display the lyrics.

thank in advance for you help!

jimmy
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Re: PC Help

Yes you can. Microstudio does not compress the karaoke CDG songs, so they will be in the range of 30MB t 60MB per song. If you have 100 songs, that will require 3GigaBytes to 6GigaBytes of disc storage. if you have 1000 songs, that's 30GB to 60GB.

You may want to also look at our Hoster software. It allows compressing the songs with 5 different ratios, but most users stay with 128Kb compression, which creates a file size around 10:1 compressed, or 3MB to 6MB per song. Hoster also has a database to speed up your importing, and a song book preparation feature to create song books with just the songs you have imported.

Unlike Microstudio, Hoster allows adding new songs to the play list while a singe is performing. Hoster is described at http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-hoster.htm.