MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 18th, 2006, 08:36 AM

The Needs Of The Few Outweigh The Needs Of The Many

FROM THE NEWS PAGE

"Microstudio 3.000 will no longer have the full play screen it has in the past. This product is designed to duplicate discs, import individual tracks and preview them in a small window, then assemble songs in a custom order and write them to a CDR disc."

So, because of the few who use Microstudio for shows, the many of us who have come to rely on Microstudio as their primary P.C CDG player will be forced to look elsewhere...smart thinking, MTU.

I wonder which will be the most costly for MTU in the long run, the few who don't buy Hoster/HosterLite, or the many who may look at the competition and get exposed to their products, all for the need of a PC CDG player like we've been used to using.

George

Last edited by George; February 18th, 2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
"Microstudio 3.000 will no longer have the full play screen it has in the past. This product is designed to duplicate discs, import individual tracks and preview them in a small window, then assemble songs in a custom order and write them to a CDR disc."
I agree with George. I too use Hoster for my shows, and sometimes use both Hoster and MicroSturio for home use. The advantages to me are that I can still use the cdg's that I have in my computer on a full screen without importing them into Hoster. I do have many left on the hard drive from before I converted them to KMA's. Taking that away makes MicroStudio a half use program if I ever upgrade it. That wouldn't be the purpose I bought it for in the first place.

Please MTU do not go forward with your plans to limit MicroStudio for what ever reason. You already developed it to show in full screen, does it hurt you to keep it that way. The code is still in there regardless what else you may upgrade the program for.
It is like for real to test a song you made when yu play it back on a full screen. especially when you have a few friends over to show your work to.

I am sure you have another reason for eliminating the full screen. Please tell us that reason. Keep us happy, don't take away from the program. Add to it. Thanks for thinking deeper before you act.
Old February 20th, 2006, 10:53 PM

i agree with george if it will help.
von
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:55 AM

FROM THE NEWS PAGE:

"Microstudio 3.000 will have the full play screen it has in the past running on a single display. This product is designed to duplicate discs, import individual tracks and preview them in a small window, then assemble songs in a custom order and write them to a CDR disc."

Thanks Chief,

George
Old March 10th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Gentlemen, we spend a lot of time thinking and researching what feature mix we should add in each product. We take into consideration how much support a product feature requires.

The DUAL DISPLAY feature was accidentally added to Microstudio some time ago by a programmer no longer with us. It was the reason we were considering removing the player. Instead, our programmers have now removed the dual display feature and restored the standard player.

MTU Staff reminds me to NOT to post anything about what we will be introducing until it is ready. I would be wise to listen to them, as in this case, we had not made final decisions on Microstudio.
Old March 10th, 2006, 03:20 PM

I am glad to hear that the full screen size will be used. I have Micro Studio in my laptop as well as Hoster. I have found during the past few years that Hoster does not always deal really well with singers discs which are scratched. I have found that in those instances, that Micro Studio does a much better job of reading and playing the disc. Can't of course change key, but that's the patrons fault. Not mine nor MTU's.

Kelly