MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Link to Knowledgebase

Admin, the link in your sticky isn't working. It keeps asking what program I want to open the file in.
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Administrator

PLEASE NOTE: This is an RSS feed. Older Browsers will not work with this. Please use a browser that is modern, or click here to go to the Knowledgebase and in the "Select by category" field, select Using Microstudio Software, and click the Go button.
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM

When I click the link in the sticky, it asks if I want to download or cancel which seemed strange. I downloaded and saved just to see, and it saved a file called kb.php which would not open.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; July 25th, 2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
PLEASE NOTE: This is an RSS feed. Older Browsers will not work with this. Please use a browser that is modern, or click here to go to the Knowledgebase and in the "Select by category" field, select Using Microstudio Software, and click the Go button.
That must be the problem...IE6 at work. The Air Force has not approved IE7 yet, so as long as I can stick to the old favorites shortcut I have, then no problem.
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:08 AM

I believe IE7 is responsible for many of the Vista problems our customers are experiencing. It is built into Vista.

I had IE7 and was running into many of the same problems. When I reported them on the forums, some thought I was having a unique experience. Come to find out when others started using Vista it wasn't unique...there's too much big brother built into IE7.

I wouldn't install that piece of crap again for anything or anybody.

IE6 is not that antique....it's only one series back.

Last edited by George; July 26th, 2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:33 PM

I neglected to mention I was not using Vista. I had downloaded IE7 an was using it with XP, so there's no doubt where the problems were coming from.

Last edited by George; July 26th, 2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I neglected to mention I was not using Vista. I had downloaded IE7 an was using it with XP, so there's no doubt where the problems were coming from.
I don't know George. I use IE7 at home with no problems and I do like being able to open several locations and not having to have multiple windows open. Admin is right RSS feed does work through IE7 and not IE6.
Unfortunately Microsoft does control the market which means they determine which O/S we use (kind of like the phone company). You and I and others can fight it for a while but eventually we will have to go to Vista. Hopefully they will have most of the worst problems worked out before we have to.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Be that as it may, MTU is unintentionally opening Pandora's box going the IE7 route, at least at this time.

The main problems I encountered were being locked out of folders that I was used to using frequently, and programs like my midi player/editor being denied access to the Temporary Internet folder, causing me to not to be able toplay midi's on line, resulting in me having to download each one to be able to play it, and find the arrangement I wanted to use....that's the pits.

Also, Microsoft used some Windows programs in the Program Files folder as an excuse when two pc's are networked to deny one access to the other's Program Files folder....that's the one that was the final straw. I work back and forth with file transfer all the time.

Last night I mentioned this MTU development to my wife and she told me the state in which we reside has expressly told it's entire health, and social services departments to not install IE7 because it is problematic. That's not heresay, my wife works in the system.

Last edited by George; July 27th, 2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

And the military has said the same thing, that we cannot install IE7 until the problems are worked out, but even with that said they know that eventually they will have to go to it, but with modifications.
IE7 was really designed to work with Vista's new security controls, which is why you are getting locked out of certain folders. However, that can all be changed with the security properties.
Anyway, there isn't a whole lot we can do except to find ways to adjust and tweak to fix it the way we want or learn to live with it.
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
.Anyway, there isn't a whole lot we can do except to find ways to adjust and tweak to fix it the way we want or learn to live with it.
Dunno about living with it, at least not for a long time to come..

I just changed my other pc over to Xp this spring after using 98SE on it since 98. MS quite supporting 98SE a couple of years back, but that wasn't much to get concerned about. I figure I'm good to go with XP on both boxes for about the same time duration.

I'm betting they'll get enough flack and we'll be seeing a Vista Home Edition, or history will repeat and we'll see a Vista second edition before too long.

If not, there's always hope that Linux will be a viable consideration before long. Who knows?

Last edited by George; July 27th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.