MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 11th, 2007, 12:49 AM

Microstudio Upgrade 4.002

First I bought 3. something then a few months later you came out with
4.001 so I bought that, then 10 days later you put it on the site for $10 less as an upgrade.

Now the site says 4.002 upgrade as of 8/6 but where it is?? I checked my store account for a free upgrade but don't find anything. Please let me know how to get this. Thanks
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:28 AM

There's nothing in the FACTORY NEWS page regarding a 4002 release.

Specifically where on the "site" did you read it?

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Microstudio 4.002

Well George, I can't seem to find it right now but I did notice it was only one place last night and that other pages made no reference. I did copy it and here is what is said. Maybe I am crazy and I looked at a different program....it was very late...but I don' think so. See it number 5 is references Microstudio???? So what do you make of this?

Version 4.002 - Release August 06, 2007chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1. Opens and Plays ZIP Files with MAX Compression - V4.002 now opens and plays these non-standard files. NOTE: The MTU Songverter software can convert MAX to STANDARD compression so Windows Media Player, WinZip and other software can use your ZIP files.
2. Added Songverter menu command - Clicking this will search for the MTU Songverter program and run it if found. This command is between the KHPro and Help menu commands.
3. Added Playing WMA+G Format Karaoke - This uses Windows WMA compression on the audio file, and the graphic/lyrics data is saved in the same format as MP3+G files.
4. Added Stop Play Functions - The following now will stop playing:
· Spacebar key stops the current playing song and skips to the next song in the Play List, or stops play if the last song was playing
· Ctrl+P key is the Play/Stop hot key, which will stop if playing, or start if not
· Ctrl+R restarts playing the current song
· ESC key stops play
5. Added .NET Detection Code Into Installation Program - Since .NET is required to run Microstudio 4 we now insure this is already installed before installing Microstudio. If it is not found, a screen appears and guides you how to download it free over the Internet.
6. Save As Button Now Mixes Microphone and Music Files to New .WAV Mixed File - When recording while playing, the Microphone input is recorded to a separate file, then mixed with the music if you decide to keep this recording.
7. FIXED: Removed My Songs 6864 File Limit - There now is no effective limit to how many songs can appear in a single folder opened in My Songs, and the index list built for it.
FIXED: Import Tracks Now Retains DiscID Field Entry - In 4.000, this was not retained and had to be entered each time.
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM

You're not crazy. Once I read your post above it looked a lot like something that would be in the product versions, which it is. Sorry I didn't think to look there before I posted...my boo boo.

The release date when they are working on something, is a TARGET release date.

Understandably, circumstances dictate whether the target date will be met or not. I'd think they would update that if it appears there will be an extended delay.

You'll know a release has been made when it says so in the FACTORY NEWS, or a post from ADMIN announces it in the product forum.

Hope this answers your concerns.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Microstudio Update 4.002

Thanks George. I will watch for that. I didn't realize the date shown was a target not a release.