MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM

Changing format from KMA to MP3+G

I purchased upgrade 4.000 Microstudio because I noticed that it now converts from the KMA format.
I want to convert a copy of my KMA songs to MP3+G and keep it in my safe deposit box. I no longer have most of my original Karaoke CD as they were accidently thrown out.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:09 PM

Deleted...

Last edited by George; July 23rd, 2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herestommy View Post
I purchased upgrade 4.000 Microstudio because I noticed that it now converts from the KMA format.
I want to convert a copy of my KMA songs to MP3+G and keep it in my safe deposit box. I no longer have most of my original Karaoke CD as they were accidently thrown out.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
First off why convert to MP3+G when the KMA compression is as good as the MP3 and includes the lyrics rather than having them in a separate file?
Secondly, without the original CDs you are operating illegally. Saving copies in your safe deposit box will not change that.
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Can someone help me?
Thanks
We will release a plug-in ($19.99) to Microstudio that will convert any file format to any other file format. Look for it end of August - Mid September.
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We will release a plug-in ($19.99) to Microstudio that will convert any file format to any other file format. Look for it end of August - Mid September.
CDG to DVD...PLEASE

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
CDG to DVD...PLEASE
Are you talking about just putting CDG files on a DVD or to create an SCDG (DVD) disc?
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM

I thought my plea to ADMIN was clear, convert CDG to DVD. I never mentioned creating a SCDG disk.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Thanks again

Quote:
Can someone help me?
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your response. Yes, I will be purchasing the upgrade to Microstudio. I really like the MTU programs but always like to have a back up in case something happens to MTU and I cannot get a replacement for any programs lost when a hard drive goes down.It did happen to me once and MTU did help me to re-down load the whole package.
I already have all the KMA format songs in my deposit box. Fit real well on one of those USB 40 Gig storage.

To the person who responded about it being illigal to have a copy and not the original Karaoke CD, I thank you very much. I have always purachased my Karaoke from the same place and their receipt names the CD that is purchased, this receipt I have always scanned to a CD. I have now made a copy of this info and put it in my safe deposit box to cover my backside. Of course, I do have cd's of regular music which would duplicate my karaoke music.
One more thing, I am not a DJ and have never done a karaoke show. All my music is for my wife and myself. We take turns singing, who wants to share singing time by doing a show.