MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Thumbs up SongVerter 1.000 MP3 Won't Work - Fix: Install recommended Lame_enc.dll

I just purchased SongVerter 1.0, downloaded it and installed it. It installed fine and launches fine. But whenver I try to convert from any format to any other format, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error that says:

Runtime Error:

Program: C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Songverter\Songverter.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I had a feeling I should have waited until the bugs were worked out.

I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition with all the latest updates and patches applied.

Anyone else experiencing problems with SongVerter?

Thanks,

Steve
Dayton, OH
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Would that be the Custom Updates from Microsoft's Update page or just the Express/Auto updates?
The only time I have seen this type of problem was when I had some of the older Microstudio created CDG (not associated with MP3) files in the folder I was working with. Renaming them with BIN extension cured that problem though.
Exactly what conversions were you trying?
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM
VIP

I was getting this same error message from one of my programs on one of my computers about 6 months ago, and after a lot of googling I found a small freebie program called "tsf disable" that makes some change to the registry. After using that I never had another problem.

I still keep a copy of it. I can send it to you if you like.
Sam
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:12 AM

Unhappy Songverter won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Would that be the Custom Updates from Microsoft's Update page or just the Express/Auto updates?
The only time I have seen this type of problem was when I had some of the older Microstudio created CDG (not associated with MP3) files in the folder I was working with. Renaming them with BIN extension cured that problem though.
Exactly what conversions were you trying?
1. I did the Custom Updates from Microsoft's Update Page. As of last night, there were absolutely no updates that I was missing from my PC.

2. It doesn't matter what source or destination format I try to convert to. It seemingly goes through the conversion process and just about where it seems it's going to write the file, it crashes with the previously mentioned error each and every single time.

Steve
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Send Sam a private message and get a copy of the program he has and see if that will fix it.
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Steve, you might have a bad downloaded file. Download the code again.

We went through 9 beta test releases and no one had any problems at the end.
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM

Unhappy Still Having Same Problem with Songverter

Dear MTU:

I removed Songverter from my PC, downloaded it again and reinstalled it and I'm still getting the same error.

My PC is an HP Pavilion, Pentium 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM, running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2. I have Hoster, Microstudio and KHPro running fine on this PC. Songverter just will not run, period. It goes through the splitting and converting audio file process. I don't know what it's supposed to do after that but it crashes each and every time with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error I mentioned in my original post.

I really would have loved to have this application run on my PC. It would have seen a lot of use. However, since I cannot get it to run, I respectfully request that MTU refund my $29.95 purchase price. I have attached a Word document showing a snapshot of the error I get. If you want to take remote control of my PC and see the error for yourself, I don't mind doing that also.

Thanks,

Steve
Attached Files
File Type: doc Songverter.doc (203.5 KB, 10 views)