MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Exclamation File Conversion

We have 2-JB-99 CAVS and 1-JB199 CAVS, all loaded with 38k of songs. In addition, we have over 8k on CD+G's and another 8k on computer hard drives.

My problem is this: the CD+G's and the computer hard drives have the songs stored as *.cdg -- compatible with MicroStudio for custom assembly, which we have done to eliminate as many duplicates as possible, thereby minimizing the number of CD+G's we have to carry. I want to convert these files to bin or MP3+G (two files, actually--mp3 & cdg) which can then be zipped for more compact storage. Also, these file formats are far easier to import into CAVS than cutting a CD+G, then going through the import procedure.

Why aren't we using Hoster? As far as I know, Hoster will not read the *.cdg files from the hard drive, nor will they read the *.ncg & *.mp3 files from the CAVS system.
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Hoster will read the MP3+G files, but it will not read the MP3+MCG files from Cav's.

You will have to use the Cavs converter to conver the files to use them in any other program. They have this on there website.

Not sure how good it works, but this is your only option to get out of the Cavs format.
Old January 11th, 2006, 12:49 AM

Clarification

Thanks, Bryan, but that still is not my main problem: to get all of my *.cdg files that I used MicroStudio to pull from CD converted to either *.bin or *.mp3+g formats that I can then safely store condensed (Zipped) backups on DVD-DL media for archival purposes. Any guidance you can give will be greatly appreciated
Old January 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM

Do a Search for bin to mp3+g in google and you should get a few ways to do it.

We don't support this, so you will need to search on your own, as this is not a product that we have.