MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 12th, 2003, 03:21 PM

help i'm having problems

i have purchased microstudio and karaoke pro and i have yet to record anything. i have developed karaoke songs in cdg, bin, and dkr files and i still cannot record them.

when trying to record files form my hard drive i always receive error on line 4.

when trying to do a disk to disk i receive another typer of error and it's a very popular error that i really can't think about right now.
but the disk i try to copy are cg+g disk.

the drives that i'm using is the plextor 41824tu internal and external.

the media i'm using is phillips cdr tdk and fugi.

i have done notheing but waist blank disk sience i bought the program last week someone please help.

thank you
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Need facts to help you

First, Microstudio will only burn CDG files that it imports from a CDG disc, or that are made with Karaoke Pro (or Home Producer). These contain the audio and graphic R-W data used by CDG, identical to what is found on a CDG Karaoke disc. You cannot use dkr files with Microstudio.

Second, to help you with the errors you are having, you need to write down exactly what the messages are, including any numbers. Post them back here so we can see them. Then we can try to help you. Please read the instructions on ASPI in this Thread.
Old May 15th, 2003, 11:03 AM

Exclamation Be Legal!

I found it strange to see how fast some people are saying how important it is to be legal.

"If the song wasn't create it for you, you don't own the rights"

I ask 2 simple question on KHPro in another tread & got no answers!
I'm interesting to buy but I just need clarification.

I think I'll change my name to "mgirl"

No offense...
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:28 PM

Angry Come on, give us a break!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mlepine
I ask 2 simple questions on KHPro in another tread & got no answers!
I'm interesting to buy but I just need clarification.

Mlepine, you posted your questions yesterday (May 14, 12:03am!)

George answered those questions today! Just how fast do you think it should've taken?

Jon
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:33 PM

Thumbs down Maybe this would help!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mlepine on Feb 14, 2003
I'm thinking of buying KHPro but I have questions:

1) Is it legal to convert my Midi Files to CDG?

2) Is it legal to convert an instrumental Karaoke cd to CDG?
I bought the cd, do I have the rights just to listen to it?

I'm a little confused here, reading in this Forum I understand how important it is to be legal and I agree but, how can we be 100% legal when we have a cd burner, internet for free Midi Files & mp3?

With KHPro we create our own CDG so where do we get the music in a legal way?

Can someone help me understand this please.

Good questions Mlepine however, In my opinion, you should have asked these questions before you bought MicroStudio. It’s quite evident, by reading some of your posts, that you have been recording for some time. You have good knowledge of MicroStudio as I have read your advice to others forum users.
Go ahead, buy Kpro, you can’t burn with it anyway so legality is not an issue, you already own the program you need to create CDGs and you have been using it.
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on Feb 28, 2003[i/]
I almost feel like I'm working for Yamaha, I keep trying to defend them by saying that both the 3200 & the new model works with cdg's.
I never tried any other brand but I can confirm that the Yamaha burner works fine with Microstudio & other cdg software.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on March 27, 2003[i/]

Can you please give me more info like; Which Windows version your using? The Yamaha burner's seems to be allergic to DMA, I own the Yamaha 3200E & lucky me it works fine with the graphic.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on March 28, 2003[i/]

Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware..., click on the + in front of CD-Rom, click on the Yamaha... Now click on Properties (bottom left of window) or right click on Yamaha... Now click on Parameters & remove the check on DMA & auto insert.
Start with the CD-Rom first & Restart (You'll have no choice)
Now Try Microstudio to see if it's working properly after the 9th song.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on May 6, 2003[i/]
It is in fact possible to record our self (All Digital) while reading the words.

All you need is a good sound card with the multiplex capability like a SB Live or SB Audigy 1 or 2.

Now the only problem, MicroStudio goes to mute as soon as you open another program! It will not be possible to record your self when using MicroStudio, if they can remove this MUTE effect, you’re in business.

I do my own recording at home and sometimes my friend really believe I went to a studio.

Where did you get the music to do your recording? Was it originally written by you?

If you are really interested in legalities issues, I suggest you follow the link supplied by George when he answered your questions on your first post.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2275

Best regards,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; May 15th, 2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:10 PM

Wink My Questions

Jon,

Thru, a bit anxious! I didn't think I was going to get an answer.

I've been doing my own recording using the CDG's I bought, but reading in the Forum I started to worry on the legal stuff.

I don't perform live (For Now) & I don't make copies to anybody so I shouldn't worry to much.

I don't see anything illegal about Microstudio, I burn for back up & save the songs I wish in my hard drive.
I don't believe it's the same for KHPro & it's the reason I'm asking.
When you create your own CDG the music & the lyrics comes from somewhere?

I'll be more patient next time promise!

Regards
Old May 15th, 2003, 06:55 PM

What Microstudio Can Use

Quote:
Originally posted by admin
First, Microstudio will only burn CDG files that it imports from a CDG disc, or that are made with Karaoke Pro (or Home Producer). .
I'm just a stickler for accuracy. I have often worked with another program free demo. I Won't say what it is, but it isn't SILVEREAGLE. All aspects of Microstudio, and Keyrite work fine with those files extracted by that other program. (If they have the right extension name) A long time ago I thought that Keyrite wasn't working with them, but I tried it recently and they work.
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:07 PM

Talking Buy Kpro and enjoy!

Mlepine,

Here is a very limited explanation on your issues.

There is a very fine line between what you can and cannot do. At present, you can make backups of records you bought, for your use. You cannot make copies to sell or to give away, whether it’s of a regular CD or one of you singing using someone else’s music. You can make records to sell or give away if you wrote the music yourself, or received a license from the copyright owner(s,) for such purposes.

You are having some fun with music. I don’t think anybody is going to bother you with piracy issues. The legality problems discussed in other threads, are usually related, either to the exchange of copyrighted material, or some venture enterprises, like making recordings of singers at karaoke shows or fairs and then selling these recording to the singers.

I have created many CDGs using FREE midi files acquired from the Internet. I process those files using Edirol’s Virtual Sound Canvass (which makes excellent conversions to WAV files,) I add the lyrics, burn the CDGs and take them to my favorite karaoke places where I sing to my heart’s content.

As I said earlier, you can create CDGs using Kpro but you cannot burned them, for this you'd need MicroStudio.

Here is my advice to you? Buy Kpro and join the world of karaoke creation, you will have a blast!

Best regards,

Jon
Old May 16th, 2003, 01:38 PM

Thumbs up My own CDGs

Jon,

thanks for your explanation.
I did go to the website George recommended me & it's now clear what I can & cannot do.

I will in fact buy Kpro once I have the time to work with it. I'm having difficulties finding cdg songs that's on my Key and I can't depend on Keyrite for now because of the reason I wrote previously.
I did try the Edirol's Virtual Sound Canvass and you're right, it sounds great but I couldn't seem to be able to change the Key (Pitch).
What I do to convert Midi to Wave is; Play my Midi Files using VanBasko with the sound coming from my SB Midi Synthesizer (B) and I record with the Creative Wave Recorder. It takes a bit more time but this way I know wich instrument to remove or replace & change the pitch.
To be honnest, I didn't see much of difference using VanBasko versus the Roland Sound Canvass. (Of course with the proper setup).

Again, thanks for your help
Michel
Old May 16th, 2003, 02:43 PM

I find Edirol Sound Canvass so superior to VanBasco that they're not in the same league.

But then that's why they sell both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

George
Old May 16th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Talking There is abosulety no comparison!

Mlepine,
Quote:
Originally posted by George
I find Edirol Sound Canvass so superior to VanBasco that they're not in the same league.

I agree 100%, it’s like comparing professional with high school football!

KJzone started an excellent thread about the benefits of using Sound Canvass with MIDI files. You want to read it by clicking here

This is how you change the key: when you open Sound Canvass, you will see three panels. Look for the one you need to open the songs. There are two sliders right to the left of the Song and Audio Conver buttons. The Key slide will change the key, and the Tempo slide will change the tempo.

The AUDIO CONV button will convert your MIDIS to WAV in a matter of seconds:

Regards,

Jon
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:41 PM

I would like to go a step further that Sound Canvass allows in one area. Presently you can remove lead instrument(s) and have a true Karaoke track. In some cases the sequencer will use a different lead instrument in the middle of an arrangement thus giving a true instrumental break. Those are great. Not all do that, however. Many use the same instrument throughout the arrangement, frequently repeating the melody three times.

What I'm looking for is Midi software like Sound Canvass that will allow turning a lead instrument on and off AT WILL so you can create an instrumental break when desired.

Anybody have knowledge of such an animal?

Thanks,

George
Old May 16th, 2003, 07:23 PM

Lightbulb Midi

George,

I do know a software that allows you to remove, replace, mute...
any instrument in a Midi File, it's call Karawin. This software is the first Karaoke for Midi Karaoke, it will open the Midi & Kar and will also play the mp3 karaoke and standard mp3 files.
You may want to try it, it's a Shareware software and I'm sure you'll be interrrested to buy the license.

Anything you see on the market is a copy, it's available in many language. www.karawin.com

The difference between those Midi Karaoke player & Roland Canvas is Roland uses it's own driver for sequencer versus the other wich you need to use the sequencer in your audio card.
You will not get a good result if you dont have a good card.
By default, it will play using the Midi mapper, you need to change it to SB Midi synth A or B if you have a Sound Blaster. Karawin will also allow you to ad reverb on your music, important with Midi file.

Please, let me know if this helps you.
Regards
Old May 16th, 2003, 07:54 PM

Sound Canvass does everything you've mentioned, but I'll look at Karawin. I want to be able to mute an instument for part of the song and leave it in for part. That's the tricky one.

Thanks,
George
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:17 PM

Smile Karawin

What you want to do, Karawin will do.

Forgot to mention that it could also extract the lyrics from a .mid or .kar file and save it in Word.

For a Midi Player you'll be surprise all it can do, it does take a bit of time before understanding all of it's capabilities but I'm sure you're use to it!

I want to repeat that this is a Midi Player not a program like Canvass, it will be as good as your sound card and your set up.

Thanks