MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM

Khpro5.00

Might help if one of the moderators would announce the release of 5.00.

That being said, been messing around with the demo.

After completing a song, when I click on PLAY FINAL, the regular play screen pops up, and when I click on play, the program abruptly closes.

Also, the tester in me couldn't help notice that there is nothing advising the singers which color they are to use. This is protocol in every commercial duets track I've ever seen. Some of them are sorry, but they're there. I couldn't find anything in the manual covering this. If I missed it, my apologies.

There is a workaround for this. Most audio tracke have a couple of seconds or more of blank space. In your lyrics simply add three lines BEFORE your countdown, or opening instrumental. Use those three lines to identify the colers for BOY, GIRL, BOTH..(or whatever terminology you use) and immediately after you click the START button to start sweeping the song, sweep through those first three lines before the music starts, and then continue on normally.

No need to do any programming, simply cover it in the manual.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; September 4th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old September 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Re: Khpro5.00

Great feedback. I'll address the manual suggestions in the next release.

Can you tell us what type of audio file you were using when you saw the crash?

Any other facts would be appreciated so we can determine if this is a bug we need to fix.

Thanks for all your help in the past too.
Old September 4th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Dave,

I was using regular 16bit, stereo, 44khz .WAV files.

Happened twice in a row with two different wav files, so I quit messing with it.

I don't know if this happenes in the regular program or not. It did cross my mind that something in the Demo hampering may be causing the problem.

Take care,
George

Old September 5th, 2010, 12:41 AM

I can't remember singing any duet cdg that wasn't Pink For Female, Blue For Male, Yellow for both. My daughter is going to write the next one with a {M} {F} {B} with color for an intro count down, and at the start of the first singer's line....experimentation...so much fun. Make sure you change the background colors accordingly. But shoot those are the ones that are pretty much used i thought. .but..i can't see it as an issue really. Just for fun, my daughter and i wrote out "Whiskey Lullabye" & "Picture" Came out better...then any originals in my opinion. And the graphics my daughter added are just fantastic. I'm gonna stick with the pink, blue, yellow combination...kinda universal so we thought anyway.

Another thing my daughter suggested, since football season is upon us. We are going to write some crowd participation team fight songs...One team one color, the opposing team fans..the other colors...

Another nice feature about khPro. On my days off from work, i can correct the manufactures dreadful, nasty, awful, disgusting, pathetic attempt at lyric sweeps. A pet peeve of mine. It's so aggravating to pay 20 bucks for a cdg, just to have it swept by someone who has no idea how the song actually goes. I dunno...chartbuster is guilty of this also. Seems lately their cdg's are just thrown together and rammed out the door...late to i might add. Waited 2 months and longer for many monthly's they sold, and i have a paid yearly subscription, for two disc a month. And they cut us down to 12 songs from 15.... sorry...didn't mean to carry on.

Dave.......this new 5.00 is way yonder too much fun. I may just have to take an extra vacation day and write some new custom cdg's....Thanks again mtu.
Old September 5th, 2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
I can't remember singing any duet cdg that wasn't Pink For Female, Blue For Male, Yellow for both.
Right, you know that, and I know that, but what about the newbie?

Old September 5th, 2010, 09:14 PM

well...he maybe a newbie to the software, but i doubt very much if he is a newbie to singing?? Could be i guess.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM

I've installed and run 5.00 with no problems, and I've produced a track of "Sweet-Talkin' Guy" by the Chiffons, using the three-part capability for lead vocal, background singers, and all combined. It was a little dicey, but it came out fairly decent for a first-time attempt. I noticed a little squirreliness in setting the various color parts, in that some of the color settings would change after I had set them, especially after I had to edit some of the lines of lyrics for timing or breaking up the line to fit on the Play screen. Even in going back and resetting the line colors, it seemed to take several passes before the colors would stay where I set them. It seems to require that I start over from the beginning and reset all the line colors. Even then I'm not sure if they stay put or if I'm imagining they have a mind of their own.

Now I'm working on "Kind of a Drag" by the Buckinghams (a real challenge in timing the lead vocals with the background lyrics with this system, where I have to shift my attention in real time back and forth between the lead singer and the backup vocals, with some lines tied to the previous line simultaneously and some not). Same problem with the color settings. Persistence wins out, but persistence is time-consuming.

Last edited by orzelw; October 23rd, 2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM

Afternoon update on "Kind of a Drag"... Not much hair left.

After trying several different combinations of lines per screen, font sizes, line breaks, screen breaks, joining of words, and rearrangement of the order of the lead vocal/backup vocal lines and their "&" joins, I've about come to the conclusion that KHPro 5 is incapable of handling this particular song in "duet" format (lead singer as one vocal, with backup singers as second vocal). The screen refresh rate and "refresh start" timing are much too slow for the pace of the song and the number of words involved in the backup vocals.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:32 PM

Hummmm....sorry you're having trouble. I didn't have this situation at all. And my computer is 6 years old, and my monitor is all of 3 years old. Might want to ask mtu about it. But here in my studio i've written several, no color issue, or color fading or "squirreliness". And i've done some really fast paced songs. Wish i could give some advice. I'll try a few harmony songs and maybe i can send you a file or something. Anyway...you might ask the folks at mtu. Good luck George
Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:59 PM

I hate to double post. But to tell you the truth orzelw. I am a musician, have been for going on 40 years. I play lead guitar, bass guitar, pedal steel, dobro, and even sit in now and then on drums. So perhaps my phrasing is a bit better then most. But i can count on one hand the number of times i've had to go back and actually adjust the phrasing and music. MTU makes this khPro software so easy, and steady. That i give the pro's a run for the money. Most cases unless i actually tell some folks that i've written the cdg, they never know it.

I've written original cdg's for singers who do shows and professional presentations. I do parody comic songs, political satire, all using mtu products. I've done some things for our local high school here.

But anyway, i wish you luck. I'll see if i can duplicate your situation with that song you're working on, then send you the finished file. Respectfully Yours, George
Old October 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM

I'm still cogitating other solutions as well, George, but appreciate any different approaches. I've logged thousands of hours (literally) on MTU applications (Vogone, KHPro, Microstudio) plus graphic wave file editors, converting commercial songs to karaoke for both myself and others. Part of upgrading to new application versions is training oneself on the new capabilities and how to work within the restrictions. So I'm not giving up just yet.
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM

orzelw, so glad to hear you're hanging in there with khPro. I agree 100% with you. There is a learning curve with all the mtu software programs.

And i want to thank you so very much for your private email to me. Your kind words are warmly appreciated. I get many nice emails from members of this forum since i've joined. And they have all for the most part been positive towards mtu products. I hope you had a chance to visit my website, and i wish you the best in the future.
Respectfully Yours, George
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
VIP

Quote:
orzelw, so glad to hear you're hanging in there with khPro. I agree 100% with you. There is a learning curve with all the mtu software programs.

And i want to thank you so very much for your private email to me. Your kind words are warmly appreciated. I get many nice emails from members of this forum since i've joined. And they have all for the most part been positive towards mtu products. I hope you had a chance to visit my website, and i wish you the best in the future.
Respectfully Yours, George
What's your website address?

Old October 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM

Hi bryant,
Great website you have there. Thanks for sending me the link. Everything is presented in a professional straight forward way. Easy to find, and self explanatory. The Q&A section is very helpful. Great job. I hope you liked my site as well. Respectfully Yours, George
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:47 AM
VIP

Quote:
Hi bryant,
Great website you have there. Thanks for sending me the link. Everything is presented in a professional straight forward way. Easy to find, and self explanatory. The Q&A section is very helpful. Great job. I hope you liked my site as well. Respectfully Yours, George
Your site was really cool. I liked all the info you had on it. Where did you get some of those gifs, or do you make them yourself?