MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bracey View Post
Quote:
Thanks, thats good information I live in jacksonville, fla. and I used to buy stuff from promo only in orlando but that was just regular d.j. music, I will call them and ask them about it.
i have freinds that buy and dowload music videos and they said it would take a lot of space on your hhd..
Old October 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i have freinds that buy and dowload music videos and they said it would take a lot of space on your hhd..
Most of those DJ's use the original vob file off the dvd for best quality. Vob's are extremely huge.

Old October 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM

That's why I allways have a external usb 7200 Rpm hard drive to store video, music and Karaoke files.
Old October 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
Quote:
That's why I allways have a external usb 7200 Rpm hard drive to store video, music and Karaoke files.
one of friends i was talking about has 1 terabyte and he said it's almost full due to music videos..i think the speed of the hhd has nothing to do with the capacity..
Old October 26th, 2008, 07:14 PM
VIP

Quote:
one of friends i was talking about has 1 terabyte and he said it's almost full due to music videos..i think the speed of the hhd has nothing to do with the capacity..
A lot of DJ's moved to .avi files, much smaller and quality not too bad if you're not fussy.

Old October 27th, 2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Quote:
A lot of DJ's moved to .avi files, much smaller and quality not too bad if you're not fussy.
thanks for the adviced bryant, but i don't really used music videos. thanks anyway, i' will relay your advice to my friends..
Old October 27th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Smile

QUOTE: "Hey Kiwisinger, I just thought of a possible workaround.

I can imagine your frustration about not finding your video files when you do a search. How about taking a small MP3+G file and naming it the name of your video file but including the word "VIDEO" in the title. Then import in to Hoster. Repeat for all of your video files. This would at least allow you to see the files in the normal search, and prompt you to add from the video button.

When Hoster comes out with the new feature, you can just use the multiple option in the edit screen, search for video, and delete all."

Hi Marklwood, thank you so much for your suggestion....thats a brilliant idea!!! Awesome!! I will do that

Cheers....Lance
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Hi billyo

You're ebsolutely correct.

I was referring to the 7200 Rpm Drv. as it relates to the type of drive, which has a faster access time and is usually used for music or video files instead of a 5400 Rpm Drv.

Not the capacity understand?

Thx Joe....
Old October 29th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
QUOTE: "Hey Kiwisinger, I just thought of a possible workaround.

I can imagine your frustration about not finding your video files when you do a search. How about taking a small MP3+G file and naming it the name of your video file but including the word "VIDEO" in the title. Then import in to Hoster. Repeat for all of your video files. This would at least allow you to see the files in the normal search, and prompt you to add from the video button.

When Hoster comes out with the new feature, you can just use the multiple option in the edit screen, search for video, and delete all."

Hi Marklwood, thank you so much for your suggestion....thats a brilliant idea!!! Awesome!! I will do that

Cheers....Lance
Has anyone here used Promo Only videos? I know one person who has been using their videos for quite awhile. Good stuff from what I have seen...
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Red face reply about music videos

Thanks! Just today I ordered some videos from Promo Only and will get them friday so I'll see how they work out.
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM

i have tested a number of ripping software, DVD of course, and i like VJ Ripper so far. Seems to compress and still have nice quality and a bit faster than some of the others i've tried. If you are gonna not play on a DVD player. FYI

On Call
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

I moved the new posts in this thread on Hoster 4.09 to the Hoster Help Forum where it belongs. You will find it at this link
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11495
Closed Thread