MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I've forwarded this to engineering for review. The WMV should work. We'd like to know why, on your system, it doesn't.

As you can see, others using Movie Maker to create their WMV files are running fine.
I had some music videos that were .wmv and would not play in version 4.05. I just changed the extension to .avi and they worked. Go figure.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob schroyer View Post
Downloaded 4.06
When using the old player for videos the video shows in the show screen while it is on the computer screen but when I put it on my show screen it is blank. Using the new player it plays both in the preview and show screens. All other features seem to be working properly.

I want to be able to use the old player so videos do not play in preview(takes too much resourses). Any suggestions?

Using:
XP
All updates
Recomended settings
Everything else turned off
2g ram
Lots of hard drive space
512 video card
Bob, I know you solved this problem, but we'd like to get one of your WMV files that will NOT play in the TV screen so we can diagnose what's different about it.

We should be able to play "ALL" WMV files, as others indicate they can play their WMVs.

Please email one of your BAD files that won't play to support at mtu dot com. In the email, please reference this Thread (look at the URL in your Browser's Address field) and a brief explanation that the WMV won't play in Hoster 4.06 on the Second Display.

Thanks!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM

per your request

admin
I have sent you an email with a short clip of the type of wmv file that would not play properly. I hope this helps you find the problem
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM

VCD's direct input???!!! I'll believe when I see it. Then i will buy it.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM

Smile Can I convert .DAT files to .BIN files????

Hi everyone,

I have a number of VCD files as well. But I get fustrated everytime I do a search and the songs dont show. I di finally click that they're video files and not KMA files.

I would like to have all my songs imported to Hoster but of course it wont do that with DAT files. So does anyone know if its possible to convert DAT files to .BIN or to any other file for that matter so that I can import them into Hoster?????

I would really appreciate your help

Cheers

Lance
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

There is no way to convert video files to BIN (CDG) types because the composition is totally different.
Version 4.10 due out sometime in first half of 2009 will have the capability to import video files and according to Admin, SCDG disks as well.
Old October 24th, 2008, 03:29 AM

Thank you ddouglas I appreciate it
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Honor Roll

Search for video files workaround

Hey Kiwisinger, I just thought of a possible workaround.

I can imagine your frustration about not finding your video files when you do a search. How about taking a small MP3+G file and naming it the name of your video file but including the word "VIDEO" in the title. Then import in to Hoster. Repeat for all of your video files. This would at least allow you to see the files in the normal search, and prompt you to add from the video button.

When Hoster comes out with the new feature, you can just use the multiple option in the edit screen, search for video, and delete all.
Old October 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
How about taking a small MP3+G file and naming it the name of your video file but including the word "VIDEO" in the title. Then import in to Hoster. Repeat for all of your video files. This would at least allow you to see the files in the normal search, and prompt you to add from the video button.
I have four WMV files that I copied off of a media clog disc. This is exactly what I do.

Thanks Mark

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old October 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM

Question playing video on hoster

Where do you purchase music videos to use with hoster?
I tried buying one from Itunes and it would not let me burn it or copy it etc.
And when i find out where to purchase them how do I go about getting them in my external hard drive that I use with hoster? Thanks, Doug,?
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bracey View Post
Where do you purchase music videos to use with hoster?
I tried buying one from Itunes and it would not let me burn it or copy it etc.
And when i find out where to purchase them how do I go about getting them in my external hard drive that I use with hoster? Thanks, Doug,?

Doug, what they are talking about is the DVD/VCD karaoke that was put out by a couple of companies in years past. I can also imagine there are KJs who transferred some from the old laser disc players circa 1980. If you can get a video out, you can put it in the computer with a capture card. Currently there is no place to legally purchase video karaoke that is not protected. I am sure that will change in the future, but not for now. You can, however, use any video that is not copy-protected and play it through the video button. Do a search on the internet for capture software. Any video stream you can view on your computer can be captured to your hard drive and enjoyed later. If it can be played through Windows Media Player, it can play in Hoster.
Old October 25th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Frequent Member

Doug, you can buy DVDs And VCDs for karaoke at just about every karaoke store.
VCDs are easy to use with hoster, just copy and past to your hard drive.
and they are as legal as CDGs to use. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM

i got a few vcd's maybe about 1,000 songs, imported it as a dat.file, and i have it on my c:drive don't have any problems playing it through hoster, just click on the video tab and hoster will find it..
Old October 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Question music videos

What I'm talking about is Music Videos not karaoke Videos.
Where can I buy Music videos that I can transfer to my ext hard drive using my hoster program and then play them so people can have visual music as well as hearing the song.
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Doug,
I use Promo Only for my dj music and video's. Just got cool halloween dance videos so that is gonna be great filler
Old October 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
What I'm talking about is Music Videos not karaoke Videos.
Quote:
Where can I buy Music videos that I can transfer to my ext hard drive using my hoster program and then play them so people can have visual music as well as hearing the song.
my best bet would be bestbuy/circuit city/or fyi...i don't really used music videos nor buy reg. cd' from a store.. ( i get all my songs form itunes )
Old October 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Question Music videos from itunes

I bought a music video from itunes and it will not let me do anything with it other than play it on the computer that i purchased it on.
How do you manipulte them after you buy them from itunes?
Wouldn't buying them from Promo only be better and then can you rip them into hoster like we do the cdg's?
That way we wouldn't have to go through the itunes headaches of priority.
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I bought a music video from itunes and it will not let me do anything with it other than play it on the computer that i purchased it on.
How do you manipulte them after you buy them from itunes?
Wouldn't buying them from Promo only be better and then can you rip them into hoster like we do the cdg's?
That way we wouldn't have to go through the itunes headaches of priority.
Importing videos of any kind into Hoster permanently is not available yet.
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
VIP

Generally speaking most legal sources of music videos (especially current top 40 stuff) are subscription services. They do not sell the videos, They only give you the right to play them in public (subject to certain conditions)while your subscription is current. In theory if you let your subscription lapse you are supposed to send the videos back and stop showing them in public. These are record company rules.

I used to subscribe to Promo only and highly recomend them. Promo Only used to have some stuff that you could buy outright, but I'm not sure anymore.

Venuevj.com is a subscription service with downloadable content but I've never used them so I don't know much more than that.

You can also buy DVD music videos from most anywhere with a decent music selection, Walmart etc.

The videos avaialble from itunes and others are often copyprotected requireing a license be on your computer for the songs, which is why it only plays on the computer it was downloaded onto.
Old October 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Red face music videos

Thanks, thats good information I live in jacksonville, fla. and I used to buy stuff from promo only in orlando but that was just regular d.j. music, I will call them and ask them about it.