MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 11th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Handy Tips

Thought I would start a Sticky thread for Handy Tips using Hoster anyone can add their own tips to this thread but this is my first handy tip:

For those that would like easy access to the "Playlist Tracking.csv"
I created a shortcut to this on my desktop to make it easy and quick to lookup songs history.
1) Open C\MTU\Hoster folder.
2) Find the PlaylistTracking.csv file right click and choose "Create Shortcut"
3) Drag the shortcut to your desk top. I set mine top right on desk top so will be easily seen when Hoster is running.
4) Right click on your shortcut and select Properties.
5) Under the generals tab where it reads "Open with" click change, I chose wordpad as it lays it out nice and neat with no need for adjusting but you can choose most Microsoft software, XL allows manipulating the data but is inclined to open with all the columns squashed up, you can also use Microsoft Works Database. Choose whatever program you prefer and press OK.
6) Next if you want you can change the icon, open the shortcut tab, at the bottom is a button for "Change Icon" make yor selection and press OK.
Now your done, any time you want a quick look at the playlist history just click your shortcut.

This is especially handy if you set your Tools/options not to keep song after play so that you can refer to who sang earlier and what if like me the old grey matter doesn't always remember.

Amendment to this post, Since 5.09 release item 1 the folder containing the PlaylistTracking.csv file has been moved, it can now be found from Tools/Hoster Data Folder.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; June 2nd, 2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:24 AM
VIP

Re: Handy Tips: for keeping better track of rotation.

1.) I size the Hoster screen a few inches smaller (Width-wise) than the desktop/laptop screen.

2.) Open up Notepad and size it about one to one-and-a-half inches wide and the same heighth as the Hoster screen.

3.) Place this just to the right of the Hoster screen so both Hoster and Notepad are in full view.

4.) I use all small letters as I list the "official" rotation in this notepad column.

5.) Doing it this way avoids having to depend on the Hoster playlist as some of us don't keep the "already played" names, and some of us tend to move names around a bit if singers aren't in the room and get moved up or down a notch.

6.) I also erase those names in the notepad listing if I am sure that they have left. I have used this since day 1 and it works like a charm.

Old March 11th, 2013, 08:56 AM
VIP

Re: Handy Tips: about Codec packs.

An Interesting read about Codec Packs in case you experience unexplained video/audio problems you may think apply to codecs.

http://www.howtogeek.com/wiki/Why_Codec_Packs_Are_Bad - This is one of many I've found.

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Handy Tips

Another handy tip for those who play a few Promo video's
You can keep a handy list of your favorite video tracks by using the name "Video Playlist" as a singers playlist name, then use the S+ providing you have the video's imported in the first place to add them to the list.
You can then add a video to the playlist with "Video Playlist" showing for the singer field on your playlist and if the SND is activated on the singers monitor too.

This can also do the same with Audio only tracks, just make singers name "Audio Only"
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

This tip was first shown me by Lonman so credit to him.
To display extra info in the play list but not have it display on the extended monitor.
For example singers name, If you have multiple singers with the same first name or perhaps you want to distinguish different venues. This can be done by enclosing the word in angle brackets < >
Example: Roy < Dennis > or Roy < Georges place >
There must not be a space between the symbals and the name within them or it wont work (There is a space in the example because if there wasn’t it wouldn’t display on this page) These names can be saved like this in the singers database to recognise different venues or surnames.
I attach a picture to demonstrate this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Singers name.jpg (367.5 KB, 66 views)
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
To display extra info in the play list but not have it display on the extended monitor.
For example singers name, If you have multiple singers with the same first name or perhaps you want to distinguish different venues. This can be done by enclosing the word in angle brackets < >
There must not be a space between the symbals and the name within them or it wont work (There is a space in the example because if there wasn’t it wouldn’t display on this page) These names can be saved like this in the singers database to recognise different venues or surnames.
This also works with song titles if you want to flag them for explicit lyrics for example, you can add a < PA > (without the spaces) on the song title & it will display on the kj (playlist/search) screen only, it will not show up on the SND for the singer/audience screen - only the title of the song.
You can even do a search once all marked with whatever you mark them as.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:51 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
This also works with song titles if you want to flag them for explicit lyrics for example, you can add a < PA > (without the spaces) on the song title & it will display on the kj (playlist/search) screen only, it will not show up on the SND for the singer/audience screen - only the title of the song.
You can even do a search once all marked with whatever you mark them as.
Will is work the same when printing Songbooks?
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

No it only works on htm or html Type pages.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 14th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

If you would like to have an animated twinkling background in your Marquee you can load an animated gif via the Marquee setup/image button.

I attach the one I use on mine as an example, just right click on open image and choose "Save As" then save it to a file on your hard drive and brows to it from the image button in the marquee setup.

Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: gif oie_oie_twinkles.gif (4.8 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 14th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
1.) I size the Hoster screen a few inches smaller (Width-wise) than the desktop/laptop screen.

2.) Open up Notepad and size it about one to one-and-a-half inches wide and the same heighth as the Hoster screen.

3.) Place this just to the right of the Hoster screen so both Hoster and Notepad are in full view.

4.) I use all small letters as I list the "official" rotation in this notepad column.

5.) Doing it this way avoids having to depend on the Hoster playlist as some of us don't keep the "already played" names, and some of us tend to move names around a bit if singers aren't in the room and get moved up or down a notch.

6.) I also erase those names in the notepad listing if I am sure that they have left. I have used this since day 1 and it works like a charm.
I thought I had already posted this, but I couldn't find it...

I do basically the same, but I use Windows 7 "Sticky Notes" to keep my rotation in order. It works great for me!
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:

@ Bryant...I have used this same process...it works well for me
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:

What started doing a couple years ago was to "save-as" each place I entertaint so that if I am at ABC the names are for them and if I am at XYZ than those are for those singers.
Takes the thinking out of whose whose where.
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfountai View Post
What started doing a couple years ago was to "save-as" each place I entertaint so that if I am at ABC the names are for them and if I am at XYZ than those are for those singers.
Takes the thinking out of whose whose where.
Since I have some singers that follow me wherever I play, I just use the <> method of identifying the person & place where they first sang with me.

Then their song list is available wherever I play...
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Since I have some singers that follow me wherever I play, I just use the <> method of identifying the person & place where they first sang with me.

Then their song list is available wherever I play...

I've been doing it this was for a few years also. Now if there was only a way to sort/search for <>, then I could see all the singers from one Venue listed together to help me remember when/where I met them.
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
I've been doing it this was for a few years also. Now if there was only a way to sort/search for <>, then I could see all the singers from one Venue listed together to help me remember when/where I met them.
Should add that to new feature request, i'd like to be able to have search ability on singers as well.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Handy tips post #1 now has an amendment added.
Since the release of 5.09 the shortcut created using earlier versions will no longer work unless you recreate it from the Hoster Tools/Hoster Data Folder, the PlaylistTracking.csv file has been moved to there.
Old February 5th, 2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Amendment to this post, Since 5.09 release item 1 the folder containing the PlaylistTracking.csv file has been moved, it can now be found from Tools/Hoster Data Folder.
Is this still available in 5.40.03?
Does it need to be turned on?
PylePro PMXU67BT Mixer
Rockville PowerGig Speakers
Talent TWUH2 Microphones
Member Since 2016
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:01 PM
VIP

Quote:

I used to use "sticky notes" for this but now with the new "rotation" it isn't necessary.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Is this still available in 5.40.03?
Does it need to be turned on?
I don't think it creates a "PlaylistTracking.csv file " anymore, that was dropped in favour of Playlist reporting option from the file menu.
Old February 7th, 2016, 04:36 PM
VIP

Quote:
I don't think it creates a "PlaylistTracking.csv file " anymore, that was dropped in favour of Playlist reporting option from the file menu.
Correct it's now a PlaylistLog.mdb for Access database (or anything that can open mdb files). Though you really don't want to open that or make changes or you could lose info within.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit