MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM

Computer Freezes

I am having the problem that 'infinity' is having. If I try to copy a wav file from Microstudio it reads well, but when I try to get it to write it freezes. When I try to play a CDG using the new Plexwriter I get a white block in the left hand corner and then the screen turns black and I have to reboot my system.
Note: The same is true when I use Goldenhawk software. Both software programs are current upgrades.
Old November 5th, 2002, 09:43 AM

Vince,
You have two problems it seems. The first is going to be that you don't have DirectX 8.1 installed on your computer. You can download this from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dir...oads/drx81.asp You will also need to run the Dxdiag program to find out what your Video card is, and then go to the Video card Manufacturers website to get the latest drivers that support DirectX 8.1 also. These two problems are the reason that the Player won't work correctly.

You can click on the Display Tab under the Dxdiag to find out who the manufacturer is. Here is how to get to the Dxdiag program.

1. Click the Start Menu and the Run command
2. Type in DXDIAG and click the OK Button
3. This will open the DirectX DIAGnostic program that will gather and show your computer data.
4) Click on the Display Tab
5) This will show you your Video card manufacture

Now as to your computer locking up when you try to write a disc, have you upgraded the ASPI drivers? If not please do so from: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=493 This should fix your problem with Microstudio.

One question, are you able to write and audio CD with the Roxio EZ CD Creator? If you haven't tried then please try this to make sure the drive is working correctly.