MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM

khpro audio problem-music choppy

Love your program and been using successfully for a year. Now, when I import the .wav file and start to create new song, the music is garbled, choppy, stutters making it impossible to place lyrics. Tried several files, same result, even opened completed songs that before, played fine and now they even play back "stuttery". I can't think of another word to describe how the music sounds. What could be wrong?
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Do you have Microstudio?

If so, do the same CDG tracks play ok with Microstudio ?

If so, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling KHP?

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM

George, thanks for responding. I have Microstudio, but never used it. I bought the whole package not realizing all I wanted was KHPro, although I have used Vogone. I tried to import the track in Microstudio as you suggested, but I can't get the .wav file to show. I clicked on the folder where they are located and clicked on the option .wav, but can't can't seem to figure it out. I don't see how that could be related. How can uninstalling /re-installing fix my problem? I haven't had a problem untill today.
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

What versions of these programs are you using? Only the latest versions of Microstudio will play WAV files.

The question is have you installed or changed anything since you last used KHPro? If so try restoring back to a date prior to that, to see if it caused the problem.
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM

Microstudio will play Karaoke files(.cdg or .bin depending on the version you have) and is what you want to look at, not .wav files. You said completed Karaoke files that once worked are now problematic in KHP.

Select PLAY tab, USE HARD DRIVE. ADD TRACK, navigate to the folder where your Karaoke tracks are, select one that won't play in KHP, and see if you get the same results, or if it plays without any problem.

If it doesn't play in MIcrostudio either, then there probably is something gone wrong in your system..... settings, etc..

If it does play, uninstall and reinstall KHP, as there's a possibility something glitched KHP.

It's a good first place to start the diagnostics.

Old October 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM

George, I uninstalled/re-installed....no help. I still couldn't get a track to load in Microstudio as you suggested. I tried the cdg, bin and wav. I guess I haven't mastered the learning curve yet. However, in my frustration to find something to fix my problem, I downloaded the khpro v4107 update and although the enhancements did not appear to have anything to do with audio problems, voila! it seems to have corrected mine. I don't know what it could have changed in relation to audio, but for now, the problem has corrected itself. Thanks for your help
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Hey, what works works Glad you got her going.

If you don't mind a suggestion, get familiar with Microstudio. It's a powerful Karaoke tool.

Open the program, click on HELP, open the Manual, and just look through the features listed on the main page...you won't be sorry you invested a few moments time.

Take care,
George

Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:18 AM

Well, the music is okay now, but, since downloading the update for khpro, i cannot access microstudio, vogone or the other components. I get a message that "serial number and registration don't match". why would an update to khpro affect any of the other programs? and what to do?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:23 AM

There have been problems in the past with Microstudio 26XX install shield uninstalling the other MTU programs when it got uninstalled, but this is the first I can recall seeing it happen with KHpro.

Reinstalling the affected programs should put things back on track.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM

George, to reinstall do I use the .exe file for Vogone, Keyrite and Microstudio? If so, I receive the same instruction regarding "serial number/registration". Do I have to visit some place on MTU to get a fresh download?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Harris View Post
George, to reinstall do I use the .exe file for Vogone, Keyrite and Microstudio? If so, I receive the same instruction regarding "serial number/registration". Do I have to visit some place on MTU to get a fresh download?
Yes, you use the .exe file to reinstall.

That should be all that's necessary unless:

1-There have been changes in the computer such as new processor,
motherboard, hard drive, etc.

2-The registration number is not being entered exactly as it was given by
MTU. It's case sensitive, so even a caps where there shouldn't be one can
cause an error message.

3- The email address being entered is different than the one used at the
time of purchase and MTU wasn't notified of the change, or it's being
entered wrong.

If none of these are applicable, then I don't have a clue.

Suggest you go to the main website page, click SUPPORT, then WEB EMAIL TICKET, give them a full explanation of what is happening, and ask to have your registration reset for each of the products.

Don't mind someone else jumping in here if there's something I'm overlooking.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM

Thanks George, but, no new hard drive, motherboard, etc. since last week. The problem arose after I purchased the KHPro upgrade on Oct 30.
I clicked on the .exe for each (Microstudio, Keyrite, Vogone), but the minute I did, I got the message "serial number and registration don't match. Please reinstall and try again". Well, duh! That's what I'm trying to do by opening the .exe file! I received a new registration number for KHPro Upgrade and used it. But each piece has a separate registration code. I just can't fathom how one could affect the other. I'll try contacting MTU. Thank you again for trying to help.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks George, but, no new hard drive, motherboard, etc. since last week. The problem arose after I purchased the KHPro upgrade on Oct 30.
I clicked on the .exe for each (Microstudio, Keyrite, Vogone), but the minute I did, I got the message "serial number and registration don't match. Please reinstall and try again". Well, duh! That's what I'm trying to do by opening the .exe file! I received a new registration number for KHPro Upgrade and used it. But each piece has a separate registration code. I just can't fathom how one could affect the other. I'll try contacting MTU. Thank you again for trying to help.
The EXE file George is talking about is not the program exe but the install exe file that you downloaded from MTU. If all are current versions then you can re-download from the same Support page on the web site.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM

Glad you picked up on that, Dale. Hope that's it.

I assumed(bad word) we'd been talking about the installation file.

Old November 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM

Me too, guys. I assumed it was the .exe file in my folder.
I went to "add/remove programs" and selected Keyrite since I don't use it much and thought if something unexpected happens I wouldn't be too disappointed. Well, it removed it allright, now I have no .exe file either.
Thanks for your assistance. I will have to get a new download, it seems.
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Me too, guys. I assumed it was the .exe file in my folder.
I went to "add/remove programs" and selected Keyrite since I don't use it much and thought if something unexpected happens I wouldn't be too disappointed. Well, it removed it allright, now I have no .exe file either.
Thanks for your assistance. I will have to get a new download, it seems.

That's an indicator that you must not be using the installation file that I thought you were. It would not be in the product folder, and would not disappear using the uninstall through the control panel.

It is in the folder you downloaded the installation file to.

The default folder assuming you are using c: as the hard drive dsignation and didn't download to a folder other than the default would be:

c:\program files\Micro Technology Unlimited

All the product installation files would be in that same location.

They would all look similar except for the product name and version number. They would look something like this:

keyrite2012setup.exe, or mstudio4003setup.exe

Those are the installation .exe files.

Old November 4th, 2007, 02:09 PM

You are so right! I found my "setup.exe" files in a different place and have reinstalled all the components. They seem to be working ok. The only one that is different is Vogone. I think I remember getting a change for that one where they added "Hold Your Hand" or something, but, no matter. I tested a song and it's working ok, so I'm not going to be concerned.
I thank all of you who responded, especially George, who kept coming back with another suggestion.
Old November 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
The only one that is different is Vogone. I think I remember getting a change for that one where they added "Hold Your Hand" or something, but, no matter. I tested a song and it's working ok, so I'm not going to be concerned.
Look for a vogone310?setup.exe file in the folder where you found the others. If you had it, it should still be there. The ? would be a single digit depending on the version you had. IE: 3106