MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 5th, 2004, 11:54 PM

Talking Tired OF Microstudio?

Microstudio got my money and tells me That since I installed it on my computer 3 times already, I have to BUY IT AGAIN "?"
I frequently re-format my system and this is not acceptable to have to re-buy what I already bought.

For those tired of this crap there is a solution. CDRWIN at
http://www.goldenhawk.com

For $39.00 you can get this program and best part!!!!!!
You can re-format to your hearts content and re-install as often
as you want. They have a complete list of Burners on their web
site that will work with this software.www.goldenhawk.com
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:05 PM

Angry Your suggestion

FYI,

most of us know about this software and there is a very good chance that we already have this software but let me ask you this:

Do you like the player on this software? How about the ability to use a key changer and save the file?

Hey, don't get me wrong, CDRWIN is a good software but how can you compare a CDG player with a software that's only capable of copying?

For only $39.00 with Microstudio you can get what you suggested and a CDG PLAYER on top of that!! Talk about a bargain!

As far as I know you should be able to install as often as you wish with out having to pay another license.

Regards
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM

absmith7 said:
Quote:
Microstudio got my money and tells me That since I installed it on my computer 3 times already, I have to BUY IT AGAIN "?"
That's just not so.

What it does tell you is you will need to puchase another copy if you try to install it on more than three DIFFERENT computers.

Read about it here:

http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=64&c=13

Simply re-formatting a hard drive does not change the characteristics that the system I.D's for security purposes.

George
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

AbSmith7:

You "reformat frequently?"

Why?

It amazes me at the number of people that I hear are "reformatting their drive(s)" to try to eliminate a virus they've downloaded or they don't know enough about what they're doing so they "wipe the slate clean" periodically.

It's interesting because I've been involved with computers now for 22 years... during that time (that ENTIRE time), I've had a total of TWO (count 'em... 2!) "hard disc crashes." And these were directly accoutable to hardware failures (bearings burnt up or microchip burnt out) and NOT to improper software installations and/or a virus...

If you "reformat frequently" then there's something wrong with the way you're operating your computer. IF you reformat because of a possible virus issue, then get a second computer for downloading and testing/cleaning and don't use the one that contains the tools you use most often.

But don't complain to the software engineers because YOU are the one that is voluntarily removing and reinstalling their software --- it ain't the software that's the problem here.
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:24 PM

Re: Tired OF Microstudio?

Quote:
Originally posted by absmith7
I frequently re-format my system and this is not acceptable to have to re-buy what I already bought.

For those tired of this crap there is a solution. CDRWIN at
http://www.goldenhawk.com

For $39.00 you can get this program and best part!!!!!!
You can re-format to your hearts content and re-install as often
as you want. They have a complete list of Burners on their web
site that will work with this software.www.goldenhawk.com
i too have cdr win.but youare comparinga ford against a rolls royce.ive had problems too after formatting. so ibought norton ghost result.- all problems solved denver alias betamax-uk suggest you do the same
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:06 PM

I TOO HAVE TO FORMAT A LOT AND NOT BECAUSE OF VIRUSESbut spyware like slotch.com and sex adverts you clear one only for another six to take its place then there are browser hi jackers . yes i have hi jack blast.avg zone alarm etc.the only safe way is to stau disconnected.but that negates the purpose of the net.so nomatter how clever you are or how long uou have been into computers you are not imuned.there are cleverpeople in this forum and they dont brag they dont have to) ps im gonna format again .just for the hell of it.
Old April 7th, 2004, 07:20 PM

Thanks Denver for the advice about Norton Ghost. Just got it and backed up my system. I'm going to get a computer just for burning CD's and after everything is installed going to back it up.
Old April 8th, 2004, 03:26 AM

denver:

Spyware operates just like a virus...

It can't "take control" of your computer until YOU GIVE IT CONTROL. It's that simple. Once you've given it control, you're no longer in control are you?
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:00 AM

why dont you try and help people instead of trying to sound smart there are enough people like that as there is.get real
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:10 PM

If you reformat your computer, you can install the software on the same computer/hardware cobination as many times as you want.

It is only that the software will install on 3 different computer/hardare combinations, before it quits. Once this occurs, you are not allow to install the software anymore. If you need to install it on more computers, you need to purchase a copy for each system you need it installed on.

If you read the License agreement for the software, it states that the software is Licensed for use on one computer, legally. We allow you up to 3 installs to save you some problems.

But we are having alot of clients that are abusing this, so the software may go back to installing on one computer and that is it.
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:40 PM

CDRWIN does not play cdg's and does not have most of the capabilities of microstudio. you are comparing apples to oranges.

Do yourself a big favor, Buy a copy of Norton Ghost 2003 , and use it to backup your computer once you have it set up and working the way you want it to.

I use it to do a backup every week. if you keep a small C: drive and limit it to the operating system and programs only, it will take less than 15 minutes to backup. and a restore is about 15 minutes.

It beats the heck out of reformatting. I just replaced a motherboard, and had to reformat and reload all my programs, and it was a 6 hr job...... 15 minutes is a lot better. and best og all you want have to reload all your software
Old April 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM

Bryan,

I don't see how cutting back to one install would be any solution regarding the offenders. Be it one or three installs there will always be those who don't want to play by the rules, and cutting back to one install will accomplish nothing except penalize the many because of the actions of the few.

For that matter a cut back will probably increase the number of attempted offences.

George

Last edited by George; April 10th, 2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old April 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM

i agree.we pay good money so should be able to install when required.going to one install leaves a nasty taste in the mouth..mtu should not take providence for granted.i say that not in a nasty way. but if an other product comes along as good as mttu with no limits.be it software or hard ware.then mtu may lose loyal customers.my advice to mtu is dont put limit of one install.the only threat to mtu regarding install is norton ghost.
Old April 10th, 2004, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by C. Staley
AbSmith7:

You "reformat frequently?"

Why?

It amazes me at the number of people that I hear are "reformatting their drive(s)" to try to eliminate a virus they've downloaded or they don't know enough about what they're doing so they "wipe the slate clean" periodically.

It's interesting because I've been involved with computers now for 22 years... during that time (that ENTIRE time), I've had a total of TWO (count 'em... 2!) "hard disc crashes." And these were directly accoutable to hardware failures (bearings burnt up or microchip burnt out) and NOT to improper software installations and/or a virus...

If you "reformat frequently" then there's something wrong with the way you're operating your computer. IF you reformat because of a possible virus issue, then get a second computer for downloading and testing/cleaning and don't use the one that contains the tools you use most often.

But don't complain to the software engineers because YOU are the one that is voluntarily removing and reinstalling their software --- it ain't the software that's the problem here.
IS THIS GUY FOR REAL???
Closed Thread