MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 26th, 2001, 05:58 AM

Thumbs down

This read-only drive on my portable which I want to use just to display/play CDG is accepted by Microstudio 2.103 and the track list is displayed correctly. When I click play the screen goes double size but the CD does not play and the Windows screen re-appears immediately as though the track had played.
Old January 26th, 2001, 04:43 PM

When Microstudio shows the reader drive, this information is read from the Windows Registry. This is why that drive is found in Microstudio. This drive is not supported for Karaoke, which is why the screen comes and goes away as if it played the track. Microstudio is not able to play CDG files from this drive.
Old January 27th, 2001, 10:56 AM

Angry play screen does not appear

I have two cdrw's (1)sony10/4/32, (1)tdk 12/10/32, and both players will not display a song on the monitor. If I copy it to the hard drive and get the file from the song list it will play perfectly! Both are ide and both are approved as per your list.
Old January 29th, 2001, 06:02 AM

Microstudio will play a .CDG file (admittedly 50MB) copied to my portable from my main PC via direct cable connection.
Old January 30th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Gentlemen, please request your free V2.103 upgrade serial number and get the newest code. See the thread in this Forum for the REQUIRED instructions.

Both these sound like system integration problems that might disappear with the new version. We did a truly massive code upgrade.

If you have the same problems with 2.103, return to this Thread and post the Microstudio version you are reporting about, and that you still experience a problem. We'd also like to hear if your problem disappears.
Old January 30th, 2001, 10:50 AM

I am already using v2.103.
Old January 30th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Sorry lewisw, I was not thinking clearly in my above post. Your CDROM drive will never be able to play CDG Karaoke discs. The hardware is just not there to read the RW codes that contain the graphics and lyrics. Plextor is the only company that has a CDG capable CDROM drive that Microstudio supports. It is almost as expensive as a CD-Recorder, which is why we don't talk much about it. You can find the models at http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm on our web site.