MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 14th, 2005, 04:06 PM

Burning Karaoke disk

When karoake files are downloaded onto my computer's C-drive from the internet I have no problems opening them and playing them with the K.B. player that I have installed on the computer itself. My files have all been converted into .CDG files to allow for the audio as well as the graphics. However, when I try to burn these songs onto a disc so I can play them on a karaoke machiene all that is burnt onto the disc is what sounds like electronic feedback. Andrea Malone

Last edited by admin; February 14th, 2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Re: Burning Karaoke disk

First, downloading karaoke songs over the internet is illegal unless you purchased them.

I assume these are in MP3+G format. This format actually has 2 files per song; a .mp3 music file and the .cdg file with the graphic lyric data. This is NOT the same CDG format that Microstudio writes to a CDG disc. That's most likely your problem. You need a program to convert the .mp3 and .cdg files to a true .cdg file, identical to what is stored on a CDG disc.

Maybe someone else can help you with this. We don't deal in MP3 software, or illegal downloads.

I strongly suggest you abandon using illegal files. If you are an individual, you may get away with it. If you are making a living with this, you will one day be discovered and loose all your computers, audio gear, and possibly even your car/van you transport the "illegal" files with.

If I'm reading something else into your posts (aka internet downloaded karaoke), then forgive me. More details overcome assumptions.