MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 7th, 2004, 01:55 PM

Angry Microstudio Upgrade Trashes Vogone & Keywrite

I upgraded mY microStudio the other day to 2.6 and now Keywrite and Vogone will not even start, I pointed MS in the right drection but no results, I can't even run them as a seperate program now. Karaoke Pro still works fine from the MS menu.
They all worked before the upgrade, I am sure it is just some trivial glitch, but I would like to know what happened so I can get them running again.
Old November 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM

Re: Microstudio Upgrade Trashes Vogone & Keywrite

What does it tell you? Does it say the "Serial number doesn't match the Registration information" (I think this is the exact message, it might be typed in backwards).

If this is the case, then you need to Remove the Programs that are no longer working. Once you have this done this, Reboot the computer, then reinstall the software.
Old November 9th, 2004, 07:41 PM

If I start Microstudio and go to the menu bar to start the three programs that are there, the only one responding is Karaoke Home Producer the Keywrite and Vogone, although cause "disc activiety" when I press the "run program" button, but they do not run and do not produce an error message.
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled them but I think I'l try it again.
Old November 10th, 2004, 10:50 AM

What happens if you Double click on the Keyrite or Vogone Icon on the Desktop? If you have older versions of the Software, you must install it under the Username that you are using it under.

If it works when you double click on the desktop Icon, then this means that you Link in Microstudio is bad. To fix this click the Find button and then go to where the Keyrite and Vogone Programs are installed. By default all of MTU's programs go to the C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\XXXXXX Folder, where XXXXXX is the Program name such as Keyrite or Vogone.