MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 20th, 2004, 09:53 PM

Adding tracks to a CDG

Is it possible to add more CDG files to a CD after writing to the CD with Microstudio?
I just got the software and created a cdg, burned it and tested it. Worked fine. Then when I tried to add another, it says "Error: disc is not writable". Does burning a CDG disk with Microstudio "close" the disk where it's no longer writable or is there a workaround? Thanks in advance for any info.
Old March 21st, 2004, 08:29 AM

The problem is not in Microstudio. Generally all cd burners "finalize" a project. CDR discs cannot be "unfinalized" and rewritten.

If you wish to burn a project in stages, get a good quality(TDK, Verbatim) high speed CDRW. I use them all the time for that very purpose. When I finally get a project completed I burn to a permanent CDR.

Your burner will still "finalize" the CDRW, but they are erasable and reburnable.

Be prepared to write at a max of 10X. That's the current standard for "high speed" in the CDRW world. Otherwise they usually burn at 4X. Your burner must carry the High Speed label to burn at 10X CDRW.

You must be able to play CDRW's on your karaoke/cd player to play one outside of the pc., so whether going that route is an option for you or not depends on your equipment. Most players won't read CDRW. My Sony 400's do read CDRW, so I use them all the time. You may not want to, if your playeris not CDRW compatible.

George

Last edited by George; March 21st, 2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:54 AM

Adding to what George says.

When you import tunes to make a CDG the files are written to the hard drive before you burn them.
I also used to try my burning out with a CD-RW, its just adding time to your project.
Copy your songs to the hard drive with "Import tracks".
Next go into "Custom assembly" and press the add track button Then press Hard drive button which will take you to the folder containing your imported tracks (Songlist)
You can then mess around adding and removing tracks until you have enough material to burn a CDG.
Nice touch... it tells you how much time you have left as you add tunes.
If you then use "Save As" you will have this compilation saved on to the hard drive to bring up again should you ever need it.
Regards from across the pond
Garry