MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 10th, 2001, 10:20 AM

Unhappy

Hi
I've been trying for some time now with various programs to play cdg on my computor with no joy, to the extent where I am now, near suicidal. Can anyone please help!

I first downloaded microstudio, installed it and tried to play a cdg disc, it crashed the system, it performed ok with audio cds, but then what doesn't.It crashes every single time you insert a cdg disc. After spending some time with their tech support trying various solutions such as updating directx, aspi drivers etc it still didn't work.
I decided to try another program and installed playcdg. I inserted a cdg disc and hey presto it worked. But playcdg is limited and doesn't have the same features as microstudio for backing up discs.
I then decided to try cdrwin. I inserted my disc with great enthusiasm and waited,and waited,and waited,and waited, surprise surprise my system crashed again. but I noted that if I waited long enough I got the message aspi request timed out. I got in touch with their tech support only to be told that my cdrw was not cdg compliant, and that was all the help they offered.
I thought to myself, surely this can't be so, as my cdrw works fine with playcdg. So I continued my quest to find a program that would fulfil my dreams and stumbled onto wincdgpro, I downloaded the demo and also a demo song that worked great, but when I inserted a cdg disc for conversion, you guessed it ! the system crashed.
Today I tried playcdgpro, and as soon as I inserted a disc the system crashed.

Obviously there must be something wrong or missing on my system for all these programs to fail. Can anyone please tell me why?

I would love to get microstudio working, I have tried every version but I still get the same problem.

I did email mtu with my system file attached some months ago but have had no reply.

I have the following system

P3 600MHZ
2 X 27GB HD's
128mb RAM
MATROX MILLENNIUM G400 DUALHEAD 32MB GRAPHICS CARD
SB LIVE PLATINUM SOUND CARD
SONY CRX140E CDRW (ide)
directx 7.0 (4.07.00.0716)
windows 98se

any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve McNeill (smcnsport@aol.com)
Old January 12th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Steve, if you purchased Microstudio (versus the free Demo) then email support@mtu.com with your full name, address, phone and email (of course that comes) and we will send you the new unlock codes for Microstudio 2.103 which is now released. Many bugs reported over the past 6 months have been fixed. It will be of interest to see what results 2.103 gives you.

The problem you have, however, is your ASPI driver is not right for your CDR drive and computer setup. You need to have Adaptec's EZ CD Creator software that comes with the right ASPI driver.
Old January 15th, 2001, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by admin
Steve, if you purchased Microstudio (versus the free Demo) then email support@mtu.com with your full name, address, phone and email (of course that comes) and we will send you the new unlock codes for Microstudio 2.103 which is now released. Many bugs reported over the past 6 months have been fixed. It will be of interest to see what results 2.103 gives you.

The problem you have, however, is your ASPI driver is not right for your CDR drive and computer setup. You need to have Adaptec's EZ CD Creator software that comes with the right ASPI driver.
As per your suggestion, I installed the latest versions of Microstudio and EZ CD Creator deluxe.
I inserted a cdg disc and tried to play it, my monitor went to full screen with nothing displayed and hung the computor.

what else could be my problem.

steve mc neill
Old January 15th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Steve, the only thing that appears that could cause this is your "MATROX MILLENNIUM G400 DUALHEAD 32MB GRAPHICS CARD". This is a special card that we have not tested with (very small number of users with this card).

We need you to do a test. Remove this dualhead video card and install any other video card. Post here what happens.