MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM

Microstudio 4.10 Help - 4.10 was discontinued, 4.20 is underway

I recently purchased microstudio 4.10 and the main functions of the program is now working. I can't Import Tracks, Write Disc and Duplicate Discs. When I click on either of those tabs on the top of the menu bar, I get a message saying,

"This feature is not supported in Microstudio Player. You can purchase microstudio or microstudio pro at www.mtu.com"

What is going on here??? This is a full version I used a registration key provided upon purchasing the product and now I have limited function on the program.

Help Please. Thanks
Old November 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAYAS104 View Post
I recently purchased microstudio 4.10 and the main functions of the program is now working. I can't Import Tracks, Write Disc and Duplicate Discs. When I click on either of those tabs on the top of the menu bar, I get a message saying,

"This feature is not supported in Microstudio Player. You can purchase microstudio or microstudio pro at www.mtu.com"

What is going on here??? This is a full version I used a registration key provided upon purchasing the product and now I have limited function on the program.

Help Please. Thanks

i didn't know ms 4.10 was released, i thought it was supposed be out in mid 2009
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i didn't know ms 4.10 was released, i thought it was supposed be out in mid 2009
Microstudio™ 4.10 Software

Upgraded October 29, 2008

Click to View Version Changes

We sincerely thank you for being our customer!
  1. If you bought V4.0 or higher, you can install the 4.10 upgrade by clicking the DOWNLOAD button below. Click Save (not RUN) in the dialog that appears to store the file on your hard drive where you can find it. Then, double click it to install and run the program.
  2. If you bought V3.0 or prior, you need to order the upgrade to 4.10. If you try to install 4.10 with a prior Registration Code, you will see "the Registration Code is for a different product".
NOTE: If you cannot download the file over the Internet to install it, please order the CDROM item ($12 including postage) and we will ship it to you. We include all MTU software products Release and Demo versions on our CDROMs.

Microstudio 4.10 This requires a Microstudio 4.0 Registration Code to install and run

Microstudio 3.004 This requires a Microstudio 3.0 Registration Code to install
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAYAS104 View Post

Help Please. Thanks
Where did you get this from? I am curious since there is not now nor has there ever been two levels of Microstudio. The only thing I can think of is you downloaded the Demo version which does not have all the features.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
Billy, he is referring to MicroStudio. Hoster 4.1 is due out in 2009.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM

Unhappy message error

I am having the same problem as ASAYAS104. I have the 4.+ code that I puchased October 2007. I downloaded the full version. I'm waiting for a response from MTU after the weekend.
Tronman
Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Microstudio 4.10 was not put on line correctly. MTU has been notified and will fix this on Monday. Admin is supposed to be removing it so it won't download until they get it fixed.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:59 AM

Microstudio 4.10 Help

Same problem with me, too. I downloaded 4.10, installed and no error upon installation but running it gave me an error that i have to purchase Microstudio Pro to activate the features. I bought this software and using it without any problem using the stated features and suddenly upgrading it don't work anymore. Looks like something is going on wrong like the Hoster that I'm using. Looks to me that MTU sold a beta program and let the user beta test it. we have no time for this kind of crap. We would like to use it the way it has to be. Now I'ved been thinking of shopping around for another program to use, 'cause this is not right. Without the forum, this program is dead for sure. I'm testing Power karaoke and power cdg burner software for a change for sure.....
Better clean up your act guys..........
Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:04 AM

Hopefully the problem gets fixed. So I purchased a Microstudio 4.00 and 4.10 upgrade that's not good. I need a refund for that 4.10 upgrade because I didn't know that I can use the 4.00 microstudio code for 4.10 upgrade. Hopefully I can get my money back.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrew View Post
Same problem with me, too. I downloaded 4.10, installed and no error upon installation but running it gave me an error that i have to purchase Microstudio Pro to activate the features. I bought this software and using it without any problem using the stated features and suddenly upgrading it don't work anymore. Looks like something is going on wrong like the Hoster that I'm using. Looks to me that MTU sold a beta program and let the user beta test it. we have no time for this kind of crap. We would like to use it the way it has to be. Now I'ved been thinking of shopping around for another program to use, 'cause this is not right. Without the forum, this program is dead for sure. I'm testing Power karaoke and power cdg burner software for a change for sure.....
Better clean up your act guys..........
I'm glad I started this up or people like me would be having a lot of question marks on their head if they spent like 30 to 70 bucks on this Microstudio 4.10 Beta. Better get to refunding and checking records. Thanks.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

It was not a Beta version nor are they using the users to test it. The final release did not compile correctly and that is what has happened. I spoke with Admin this afternoon and they will fix it tomorrow morning. It was a purely unintentional error.
As far as Hoster goes if you have not downloaded and installed version 4.06 which has fixed all of the bugs. I would like to know just how many software programs have you bought that were perfect the first time out including Microsoft? No other software company that I know of has responded to problems and release that many updates in that short a time frame. Yes there were a lot of problems with Hoster, mostly contributed by Vista. I have been using every release of version 4 with XP, since the first one and have never had any problems other than minor bugs and others have been able to use it with XP the entire time as well.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Administrator

We will have a replacement Microstudio 4.10 available to download by Noon today, EST.

Folks, we are terribly sorry for this mistake.

We are in the process of creating 2 new products from Microstudio. Apparently our developers didn't get all the "conditional compiles" worked out of the FULL Microstudio. That is why you are seeing these messages.

Please forgive us. We are doing a LOT of upgrades right now to all our products, and it is easy to make a mistake.

I thought we had fully tested this version before release. I am sorry to see we did not.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:30 AM

Just one user's opinion...

I think that if this simple mistake is angering so many people, those folks need to step back and look at the big picture...

The MTU folks have consistently strived to produce user-friendly programs that are functional and do what they are advertised to do. Personally, I have been using their products since they first started and they have ALWAYS fixed the bugs that are brought to their attention. Windows vista has given them some severe headaches just like it has frustrated us the users, but they have prevailed and Hoster is now a far better program for thier efforts, just as MicroStudio and the others will be.

I think that we owe the MTU folks a vote of confidence and thanks for their continuing efforts to produce a superior product, and not harangue them with a bunch of acerbic blog posts.

Hang in there, guys and keep the faith....you get a BRAVO ZULU from me!

DC

Last edited by seawolf; November 3rd, 2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling & grammer
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM

Thank You MTU!!

I have been using MicroStudio since 2001. I am still a happy customer and glad I wasn't losing my mind! Keep up the good work MTU!!
Tronman
Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator

It has taken longer than expected. No problems, just a lot of work.

We are testing now so it should be within an hour or so.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:09 PM

Well the download of microstudio 4.10 doesn't work yet. Brings me to a "page not found".
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

They didn't get it straightened out before the end of the day. Should get it out in the morning.
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:34 AM

I'm just posting here so I will know when I can purchase this upgrade. Hopefully MTU will respond to this thread when they get microstudio upgrade fixed
Crazycarl
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

They are going to send out an email if I remember right from discussion with Admin.
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Thanks Dale, just wanted to make sure I could get this program. I do have a question about this, maybe you can answer...... Will this program allow me to use Hoster files or will i still need to import songs disc by disc.
Crazycarl
Closed Thread