MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 27th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Question invalid path

this is paul again. the error that i get is c:/documents and settings;\hp-adminstrator\files\miro contains an invalid path process id=0x53c (1340) , thread id= 0xdfo (3568). i have no clue what this means or how to fix it but cannot get software to come up on screen so i can use it.
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Is this Vista?
Have you done the Custom Updates from Microsoft?

Last edited by ddouglass; February 27th, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM

invalid path

no this is windows xp. it used to work fine until about 2 months ago. i don't know if i've done something or not. thanks for your reply. how do you get the custom up grades? i know hte comp. upgrades itself sometimes. paul
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Start menu has a link to Windows or Microsoft Updates. When you get there and it asks click on Custom. I am sure there are a lot if you haven't done this before, so you will have to spend quite a bit of time and will have to go back several times because a lot of them require restart after installation. Do Not do any of the Hardware upgrades from there. Go to your computer MFG's website for those.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM

invalid path

the computer does it auto. i went htere and downloaded 2 that i hadn't got yet. restarted the comp. still have same prom=blem wiyh microstudio program. i appreciate your help on this though dale. anything else? paul
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

The computer Auto update only gets updates that are deemed as critical security updates by Microsoft. The Express on their web page does the same thing.
Only the Custom Update will list all the updates that are available. This is where you get the .net Framework and other non-critical (according to Microsoft) updates.
Microstudio does not have anything in the Documents and settings area, so whatever is doing this is external to Microstudio. However it wouldn't hurt to uninstall and re-install it. That may fix whatevre has gotten cross-linked with it.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM

invalid path

once again ,thanks for trying to help. i down loaded all non-critical info. i already uninstalled and reinstalled the software but still doesn't let me open program. i also restored my computer to the earliest date tha it would let me. still no good. don't understand the problem but i don't know that much abaout computers. paul
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Do you have Miro Video Player installed? If so uninstall it and then re-install Microstudio and see if it will open.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:23 PM

invalid path

no dale , ihave intervideo windvd player. i looked in add and remove programs and that is all i could find if that was the right place to look in. if i had any luck at all it would be bad. does this help paul
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Is there a folder with the path you listed?
The puzzling part of this is it has nothing to do with Microstudio and should not be showing up when you open Microstudio.
Try going to C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio, find the MicroStudio.exe file and double clicking on it to see if it will open. If it does then your shortcut icon on your desktop and in the Start Menu is bad.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM

invalid path

hi dale ,i did what you said to do and the same message still shows up. haven't got a clue why . i've defragged the system. i ran a scan and fix with miracle -sysfixmaster. still have same error. i'm sure it can be fixed but my problems seem to take a while. thanks again paul. i don't know how to see if there is a folder or not. it tells me to de-bug system but i don't have a de-bugger i guess
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Forget the debugging. It doesn't help any way.
Have you run a virus scan lately? It may be a shot in the dark but someone did have one cause a problem with Hoster.
To look for the folder open Windows Explorer, click on Tools/ Folder Options. Go to View tab. Check the boxes for "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show Hidden Files and Folders" then uncheck "Hide extensions of known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files". The last one will ask you if you are sure - answer yes.
Click apply and OK to close this. Now Windows Explorer will show you everything on your hard drive.
Follow the path in the error message and see what is there. Do me a favor and write down the exact path listed in the error message character for character so I can try to trace this on my computer.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM

invalid path

hey dale, when i did the search ,i had 13 things with microstudio. the process no. keeps changing everytime i open shortcut or file. i got 2 different errors. 1 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Ptograms\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio\Files\Micro had an invalid path 2 C:\Program Files\Micro Technology,Unlimited\Microstudio\Files\Micro also contained an invalid path hope i did this right thanks paul
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like your best bet would be to remove completely and re-install.
Follow the steps below:
  1. First Restart your computer.
  2. Then run the Installer and do the Remove.
  3. Next open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio and delete the whole Microstudio folder and all underneath it.
  4. Next go to C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio\Files and make sure you don't have any song files there. If you do move them to C:\MTU\Songs as this is where they are supposed to be.
  5. Once you have no songs files in C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio then delete that Microstudio folder.
  6. Next part is a bit trickier so pay close attention to the details. Be sure you follow this exactly. If you delete the wrong Registry Keys, Windows on your computer could be damaged, requiring it to be re-installed.
    1. Left click the Start Menu and click Run.
    2. Type in regedit and click OK or Open.
    3. Go to the very top of the Registry Editor. It you already see the Registry Keys expanded below, skip this step and go to the next step. Click the + beside My Computer.
    4. Click the + Beside HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    5. Click the + beside SOFTWARE
    6. Click the + beside Micro Technology Unlimited
    7. Left Click on Microstudio
    8. With Microstudio selected (highlighted), press the Delete Key Click Yes when it asks you if you are sure.
    9. Click the X in the Top Right corner to close the Registry Editor.
  7. Restart the computer.
  8. When it re-opens install Microstudio.
The problem is there seems to be left-overs from previous versions and these are causing problems with Microstudio opening correctly.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM

invalid path

iwent in and deleted THE PROGRAM THROUGH ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS BUT I ALSO DELETED YOUR INFOWHEN I DID THIS. I WENT BACK IN AND CHECKED TO SEE IF THERE WERE ANY FILES T IN SEARCH FILES. IT DIDN'T FIND ANY SO I PUT SEARCH PROGRAM BACK THE WAY IT WAS AND RE-INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE . SAME RESULTS AS BEFORE BUT I DIDN'T DO THE THINGS YOU SAID TO DO BECAUSE I DELETED THE INFO I'M WRITTING IT DOWN SO I WILL HAVE IT AND TRY TO DO TI YOUR WAY. THE ONLY THING THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT THAT THE PROGRAM WORKED BEFORE WITH THE SAME INFO. IN THE COMPUTER. I GUESS IT MIGHT HAVE MOVED THE INFO. AROUND . I UNINSTALLED JAVA COMPLETLY FROM MY COMP. WOULD THAT HAVE CAUSED A PROBLEM. I'LL WAIT UNTIL I HERE FROM YOU TO DO ANYTHING ELSE. ONCE AGAIN I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE WHAT YOUR DOING. NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD DO THIS. PAUL
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Follow the above post instructions exactly or it won't work to fix it. Yes the earlier versions of the program stored files in different locations from the current and that is why it is preventing the current version from opening.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM

invalid path

i did what you said to do . I WENT IN ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS AND REMOVED SOFTWARE . THEN I WENT IN WINDOW SEARCH FILES AND DELETED THAT . COULDN'T FIND ANY SONGS . THEN WENT AND DID THE REST AS YOU SAID TO DO . THEN RE-INSTALLED IT. GUESS WHAT . STILL HAVE INVALID PATH. I HAVE 2 INTERNEL BURNERS . IT WOULDN'T MATTER WHICH ONE I USED TO RE-INSTALL SOFTWARE WITH WOULD IT. THE PLEXTOR IUSE WHEN I USE SOFTWARE.BUT I USED THE OTHER ONE TO INSTALL SOFTWARE WITH. PAUL
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Just to clear something up what version of Microstudio are you using?
You need to do the removal through the Microstudio Setup program, not the Add or Remove Programs in the control panel.
Doing a search for Microstudio doens cleareverything out, because not all the files used with/by Microstudio have Microstudio in the name. So you need to go to the locations with Windows Explorer directly and not in search and delete as I said.
Did you burn the Setup to disc or order it that way from MTU? If you did then try downloading it again from MTU and use the new download to install.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:50 PM

Invalid Path

THE VERSON I BOUGHT WAS v2.613 and it's their cd . i'll try again tomarrow with out going to add and delete programs. thanks once again. paul
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM

invalid path

dale , where is windows explorer. i can't find it on my computer. i went to bottom of screenwhere it says search. when i did this , i typed in mirotechnology and it searched for the files. from your directions ,the rest of the directions fit with what i did. paul