MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 30th, 2003, 10:12 PM

Unhappy KHPro 4.103 problems installing

I got my registration code. When I download the file it is a PHP file and I don't know how to open it. The help file said to use notepad...That doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to install the 4.008 version first?
Thanks,
Patsy
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:20 AM

The download file you receive after clicking the download link in your email should read...khpro4103setup...

The download file is...khpro4103setp.exe...but it reads ...khpro4103setup...in the Micro Technology Unlimited folder. You double click on that to install.

Have no idea what PHP file is.

Are you sure you're clicking the download link in your email? It is located under the registration code.

George
Old December 31st, 2003, 06:58 AM

yes I did click on the correct URL in my email. Downloaded the correct file..It was the new XPPRO update that my daughter did for me. I just found out the portion of the KHPRO file that asks for your reg. code is considered a txt file and XPPRO was making it show up as 2 separate files. So I went to the control panel to view the files and assoc. programs. There is a ticker in there that says remember all file ext. and assoc. programs. I unticked it and then was able to install KHPRO. What a trip!
Thanks for your help!
Patsy
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:30 PM
Administrator

PHP is the language our downloader is written in

If you see a .php extension in Windows Explorer, simply rename it to .exe. Some Internet Browser programs (Opera is one) will change the extension on a file. Go figure why they do this!!!

Sounds like XP can also do something to the extension also. Thanks for asking this post so others can see it and the answers.
Old December 31st, 2003, 02:21 PM

Wink

You are so very welcome. Maybe no one else will sit in front of their puters like a knot on the wall like I did until I figured out the problem. But then again it feels good to know that I was able to figure it out! Love working puzzles!
Patsy
Old January 1st, 2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator

You go girl!

I know what you mean.

You are a very special Lady to keep on it until you solved the problem.

We greatly appreciate those who stay with a problem until they find the solution. I invite you to participate in our Forums any time you wish. I'm sure you could find others to help with their problems, which can be very rewarding. Just click the View new posts link on the Forums Home page, and it will show you what posts are new since you last visited.

Again, thank you for your post.