MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 9th, 2007, 01:34 AM

0 Bytes in inporting files in Microstudio and will not play

I have the problem in Microstudio of the tracks won't play. You click on a file on a CD, The Video flashes on the screen for a moment then nothing. I read the post about updates from microsoft in XP and did all of that, no help. The files import at 0 bytes. Holster imports the files fine. It is not my drive, I have Microstudio installed on home pc and the same drive hooked up to works fine, everything works fine on home PC. I have 3 new laptops and every one of them does the same thing. I've redown loaded Microstudio and tried everything I know or have read to do here in these post. Any Ideas?

Have any one else had similar problems?
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

It would help to have some equipment specifics such as laptop(s) and drive information (make, model, Windows version, etc). Firmware version for drive?
What version of Microstudio?
Does the drive information say yes for read and write?
Are you playing directly from the CD or importing the song to Microstudio's default folder then playing?

In other words, the more detail you give the easier it is for someone to help you. Also please do not write your entries in here in large bold type as that is considered as yelling and really puts people off. Unless you are emphasizing a point or highlighting the name of something.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Sorry about the bold type and more specs about problem

I have Windows XP with ALL updates installed. I have Sony Vaio Laptop VGN t150p, I have external Sony DVD RW 16x drive, the laptop reads the drive as write yes, read yes, this drive is USB 2.0, thats why I can plug it in the Desktop and it works fine with Microstudio, only in laptops does the problem occur. also there is @ besides the drives not letters. again, I do have all updates installed on XP and the sony drive is brand new.
Microstudio will not play from CD or import files from CD, the imported files are 0 bytes. I can import files on desktop and dowload to laptop and laptop will play those fine. I downloaded Hoster demo and it works fine in the same laptop under same conditions, it imports files and plays them. Also the Microstudio is the newest version I just dowloaded newest demo from site.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Just to check did you do the "Custom" setting at Windows Update or the "Express" because the Express only does critical updates and leaves some of the others such as hardware updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokevin
I have external Sony DVD RW 16x drive
In the drive information screen for Microstudio after the drive name is a number (usually 1.xx something). That is the firmware version number. Go to Sony website support area and search for your drive name to see if you have the latest firmware version for the drive. There have been many cases when this was all that was wrong.

In the other thread that this problem was discussed there were 2 people that had the problem. The updates fixed one but not the other and a resolution has not been found yet if this doesn't work. Keep checking back here and maybe someone will hit on the solution soon.
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Used custom got everything still no play

I did the custom update and updates everything, there is 0, 0, 0 in updates. Got everything including the kitchen sink.
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokevin View Post
I did the custom update and updates everything, there is 0, 0, 0 in updates. Got everything including the kitchen sink.
Well I guess that takes care of that! How about the drive?
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM

it has the lastest firmware.
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM

What about MS net framework. is it installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Just fishin'

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; February 9th, 2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old February 10th, 2007, 01:12 AM

Yes I downloaded the framework.
I know your just fishing, that's good... maybe we'll catch one and solve this problem....
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Here is the FAQ on this http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=79
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Question 0 Bytes in importing files in Microstudio and CD+G disk will not play

I have had the exact same problem. I have played and played with this program, installed it on 5 different computers, and the same results. I have windows XP Home edition on all the computers, at least 1 GB++ of Ram on each, hard drives from 80GB up to 320 GB, processors all Intel, and P4's, smallest processor 1GHZ to 3.4 GHZ, I have several different kinds of CD/DVD RW's each computer has at least one Plextor DVDRW's. They all have a @ in front of the read and write drives. I have downloaded every Windows update known to man that is available and still no luck. I have updated all of the firmware for the drives, I have closed all other programs down, still no luck, I have turned off my virus protection and still no help. I still just get a flicker when I click to play a CD+G, and 0 bites imported when I try to import files.

The programs in the past worked very well for the most part and I use them all the time in conjunction with other programs , and this one would do about everything I need to do, with out using the several programs and stages I use now to convert from .zip to .mp3+G to .bin.

So any help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance, Larry Tucker
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Larry,
Are you also using the Demo to test as is Brokevin?
When you installed the demo did you uninstall the previous version you had been using?
Just to clarify, you did do the custom update for Windows and got everything "including the kitchen sink" as Brokevin put it?
I just find it hard to believe that 5 different computers are all having the same exact problem.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:21 AM

MTU Demo

I did not uninstall my current working version of MTU Microstudio, it is version 2.609, never could get the other updates to work on any of my computers, and since I had to pay for this program sevreral times over the last five years, I did NOT, uninstall my current WORKING version.
Yes, I have installed everything (even the kitchen sink, the dishes, the detergent), and everything else Microsoft had to offer, and still no luck.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Larry,
As long as you have a copy of the setup file for that previous version, you should be able to re-install it. May have to have registration for it reset for it, but should still be able to do it.
I think the older version may be interfering with the Demo install. The latest version 3.004 uses a totally new code to access the drives and the older version may be causing a conflict.
You say you have a Plextor drive on each computer. What models are you using?
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:46 PM

The only thing that will cause this problem is the missing Windows Updates, it has something to do with the 3rd party we license software from to talk to the drives. We are rewriting our own now, and will no longer be using this in Microstudio 4.0. We have already put our own code into Hoster, so the 3.314 is now using our code, not hte 3rd parties.

This has something to do with the .net framework that there code uses. The updates are the only fix.

Please go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com YOU MUST CLICK ON CUSTOM, not Recommended or you will not get all the updates.

Once this screen comes up, you must left click on Optional Software on the Left hand Side. Then this will show you all the updates for this category, check each one of them. Then make sure you leave the Critical Updates selected. Now click on Review and install updates.

It will now download and install all the updates. Once this is done, Reboot the computer, now go back to the same site for the Windows Updates and do it over and over until it shows 0 for Critical and 0 for Optional software updates. Once this is done, it should work fine.

This is the only way to fix it.
Old February 16th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Unhappy I guess I will have to wait for newer version

I have installed ALL of the critical, and all of the optional downloads that Microsoft has to offer.
The Plextors I have are
PX712-A (two of those)
PX716-A
PX708-A
and one older CDRW/USB for my old Toshiba ME laptop, I did not even try, because it does not have XP.
I had problems when I upgraded from version 2.604 to 2.609, and was never able to upgrade past that. I had to buy the same program twice for one of my computers, because of a sn glitch for the install.
I will just wait until the newer, bigger and better program comes out, unless I find another one that is not such a pain, until then I will use my older version (that work good) except for the conversion part, and other programs to play the other file types.
Thank You
Lawrence P. Tucker
Old February 16th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytucker View Post
I had problems when I upgraded from version 2.604 to 2.609, and was never able to upgrade past that.
Strange. Maybe your DirectX got corrupted, or needs upgrading. Try downloading it again from Microsoft.

Still fishing.

George

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytucker View Post
I have installed ALL of the critical, and all of the optional downloads that Microsoft has to offer.
The Plextors I have are
PX712-A (two of those)
PX716-A
PX708-A
and one older CDRW/USB for my old Toshiba ME laptop, I did not even try, because it does not have XP.
I had problems when I upgraded from version 2.604 to 2.609, and was never able to upgrade past that. I had to buy the same program twice for one of my computers, because of a sn glitch for the install.
I will just wait until the newer, bigger and better program comes out, unless I find another one that is not such a pain, until then I will use my older version (that work good) except for the conversion part, and other programs to play the other file types.
Thank You
Lawrence P. Tucker
Larry,
What firmware versions do you have on those drives. It will tell you in the default drive screen of Microstudio. I know Plextor has recent firmware updates but don't know about the 708. I don't think the older drives are going to work, but I know the 712 and 716 do.
712 - ver 1.09 June 06
716 - ver 1.10 Aug 06
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Exclamation I finally got purchased version 4.0 to work with some flaws

I had played with the demo version, and could not get any of my computers to work with the demo. I finally took the plunge, purchased the new 4.0 version. I uninstalled all of the previous versions, including the demo version. It works however.
I had taken everyone's advice and updated firmware, windows updates and everything, I did get it to go on a computer that did not have all of the updates, but uninstalling all of the Microstudio software done the trick, this should be explained when or before you try out the demo or upgrade.

1. Even though it says CD/DVD drives will read and write graphics, they will not. They do however work on my plextor drives.
2. On the older verion of Microstudio 2.609 and I think even version 2.10 or something like that, the CD/DVD opened and displayed the songs on the disk quickly, with 4.0 it takes almost a minute or more, even if I turn off the (enable song data base look up) Why, the older versions worked very well.
3. Graphics will not show up on my TV unless I set my video card to (mirror) I have tried all of the other options. It works great with my winamp and all the plug ins. It would be nice If I could still use my desktop and program while the song is playing on the extended monitor settings
any Ideas?
Thank You in advance
Lawrence P. Tucker
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Larry,
I'll try to answer your questions as best I can. Let me first say I am not an employee of MTU so don't shoot the messenger.

1. MTU changed the drive access method from ASPI drivers to a more universal MMC driver format that Windows uses. I assume you tried those other drives and they didn't read, even though they were listed as doing so. There is a test button on the default drive window that you can use with a disc in the drive and it can reset the drive information or you can just hide the drive or know it won't work at this time. More work is being done in this area so later they may work.

2. Again the interface drivers have changed and the broader access capability of the mmc interface cannot respond as fast. That's about the best I can come up with for an explanation. Actually had you gone through the version 3.xxx updates you would be saying it is much faster now as the early versions 3.001 &3.002 were much slower than it is now.

3. Microstudio has not displayed on TV or additional monitor since version 3.000 came out. This is because Microstudio is not designed for running shows and was never intended for that purpose. So MTU removed that capability.