MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM

Smile .Mp3 and .Cdg Conversion

Dec. 18, 2006

Me thinks me needs a software program other than Microstudio V3.0.0.2 for problem 1 below, but will listen to your suggestions. I have some songs ending in .mp3 and .cdg format. When playing the .mp3’s using Winamp and a Winamp Plugin, lyrics will appear on computer screen. Reaplayer V10, Media Player V10, Winamp V3 will not play the .cdg files so I don’t know for sure, but I assume the .Cdg files also contain Lyrics.

(1) What software do I need to convert my .mp3 and/or .cdg files to a file (such as .bin) so I can then copy them to a Cd; play newly created Cd in Karaoke machine and have Lyrics appear? I used Microstudio V3.0.0.2 to copy the .mp3’s to a Cd, but Lyrics did not appear when I played Cd in my Karaoke Player.

(2) What software program would you suggest I use to change the Key to any song. For instance, I have Karaoke version of the Chuck Berry song Johnny B. Good in the Key of A. I would like to rip the song from original Karaoke Cd to my hard drive. Then I would like to permanently lower the Key; save the file to my hard drive; then copy song from hard drive back to a blank Cd and still have Lyrics appear when played in Karaoke Player.

Thanks to all for your help.

BG.

GbudAndLori@Yahoo.Com
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaokeman41 View Post
Dec. 18, 2006
Me thinks me needs a software program other than Microstudio V3.0.0.2 for problem 1 below, but will listen to your suggestions. I have some songs ending in .mp3 and .cdg format. When playing the .mp3’s using Winamp and a Winamp Plugin, lyrics will appear on computer screen. Reaplayer V10, Media Player V10, Winamp V3 will not play the .cdg files so I don’t know for sure, but I assume the .Cdg files also contain Lyrics.
First let me explain about the .mp3 and .cdg. The two files work together to produce a karaoke song with lyrics. The .mp3 has the audio information and the .cdg file has the lyrics. Winamp with the Karaoke plugin looks for the corresponding(same name) .cdg file to display the lyrics. The other players you mentioned do not have this capability, so they only play the music from the .mp3 file.

Quote:
(1) What software do I need to convert my .mp3 and/or .cdg files to a file (such as .bin) so I can then copy them to a Cd; play newly created Cd in Karaoke machine and have Lyrics appear? I used Microstudio V3.0.0.2 to copy the .mp3’s to a Cd, but Lyrics did not appear when I played Cd in my Karaoke Player.

Microstudio has the same capability of Winamp, but you need to do one more step for it to work. That is to Zip the two files together into a file with the same name and a .zip extension. This can be done by Windows XP, but I think there are some better programs for this. I will let one of the guys who do this a lot tell a good program for that. After that you can import them into Microstudio and write your discs that can be used in karaoke players.

Quote:
(2) What software program would you suggest I use to change the Key to any song. For instance, I have Karaoke version of the Chuck Berry song Johnny B. Good in the Key of A. I would like to rip the song from original Karaoke Cd to my hard drive. Then I would like to permanently lower the Key; save the file to my hard drive; then copy song from hard drive back to a blank Cd and still have Lyrics appear when played in Karaoke Player.
For this you need one additional MTU program called Keyrite. After you import the song into Microstudio you click on Keyrite on the top toolbar to go to the key changer program. Change the key, save it and exit back to Microstudio to burn it to a CD or to highlight the next song to be changed. Simple and easy to use.