MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 18th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Honor Roll

Re: "Dirty" Copies

Have you tried playing the copies on a different CDG player? Have you tried using a laser lens cleaner on the CDG player, it is possible that either the lens is just dirty enough to cause problems reading the CD-R disc, or the the player doesn't like CD-Rs altogether. What type of player are you using?

Flip
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:09 AM

I have a JVC XLSV22BK. I have played the CD-Rs on both my machine and my local karaoke bar. They also have JVC but it is the model with 3 trays. Both have problems but mine appears a little worse. I will get a laser lense cleaner and see if it makes any appreciable difference. Thanks for the suggestion. It is getting a little frustrating that I can't seem to get this to work right.
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:55 AM

Unhappy Re: "Dirty" Copies

I finally got to the store and got a lense cleaner but it made no appreciable difference. I am still in the same position I have been all along. I still need support. Just to summarize...

I am trying to assemble a custom disk but the quality of the copy is less than desireable. It comes out with a lot of trash throughout the song that accumulates by the end. Some songs are worse than others but none are what I would call professional.
The problems are only apparent when playing the burnt disc on karaoke players. I have tried it on two different ones. When played on my computer from the burned disc. Things look OK.
The original discs look good on both my computer and my karaoke player.
I have cleaned my karaoke player with a lense cleaner and still have the same problem.
I have tried reading and writing on various speeds. I have manually set both to 1X and allowed for auto (and the different combinations of of Read/Write) with no difference.
I am using XP Pro on my PC.
I have a Plextor PX-708A DVD burner ordered through MTU.
I am using the MTU silver media.
I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 integrated video card and a soundblaster live value sound card.
I have a JVC XLSV22BK for my karaoke machine.
I have downloaded the latest drivers/firmware for my soundcard, video card, motherboard, and DVD burner. I have tried both the MTU ASPI and default ASPI. My ASPI version is 7.71.2.
I have the latest DirectX.
I have tried disabling the screen saver and my anti-virus software and software firewall just in case.
Old August 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the original play good both in your computer, and a CGD player, it's more than likely an issue with your disc writer or the drivers for it. Don't know if I caught what you are using, but if it 's not a Plextor, you are simply relying on second best when it comes to CDG's. And even then, it needs to be a reader/writer that is supported by Hoster.
Old August 25th, 2004, 08:45 AM

I have a Plextor PX-708A DVD burner ordered through MTU.

I specifically chose that burner because MTU said it was the best for this purpose.
Old August 25th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Honor Roll

Can you post more info about your computer, or better yet, attach a copy of your dxdiag.txt file, this will give all the info needed about your computer. With this info we might be able to track down something...

Flip
Old August 25th, 2004, 11:31 AM

The only time I have had problems of this nature is the drive. I have had drives be good and then go bad on me. Try a different drive. Is there a warranty on your drive? If there is, try to get it replaced. I do have a closet with old drives that I've had to replace. I started with the Yamaha 100's then 400's and several different Plextors. They eventually do wear out, mostly due to overuse and abuse. If the drive is new from MTU, it should work, but in the process of shipping it could have been dropped or something like that to screw up the guts. A drive when it starts to go bad only has a spot or two on the graphics, but with continued use, the spots get worse.

Jimbo