MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old July 6th, 2012, 02:39 PM

Sennheiser Handhelds

Thinkin' of switching my wired mic's, was wondering about the Sennheiser's. I have a couple of the Sennheiser studio mics. Was wondering about their handhelds. Which one of the handhelds are most of the fella's using. (i know subjective). Prefer a cardioid, without a switch. Maybe the e835, e840??? Suggestions.........
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
VIP

Re: Sennheiser Handhelds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Thinkin' of switching my wired mic's, was wondering about the Sennheiser's. I have a couple of the Sennheiser studio mics. Was wondering about their handhelds. Which one of the handhelds are most of the fella's using. (i know subjective). Prefer a cardioid, without a switch. Maybe the e835, e840??? Suggestions.........
When you say switching to HandHeld, are you talking about switching to wireless?

Walt
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Hey there walt, thanks for chimming in. Nope, wireless systems don't seem to workout very well at my club. I have three wireless shure systems just sitting on the shelf here. Although i do use a Line6 didital wireless system for my own personal use, that is just fantastic. I mentioned this Line6 digital system here on the forum awhile back. http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=12599

Nope, i was wondering about the Sennheiser hardwired handhelds. I'm using Audio Technica wired mics right now, and their wornout. Thanks, suggestions appreciated.
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Hey there walt, thanks for chimming in. Nope, wireless systems don't seem to workout very well at my club. I have three wireless shure systems just sitting on the shelf here. Although i do use a Line6 didital wireless system for my own personal use, that is just fantastic. I mentioned this Line6 digital system here on the forum awhile back. http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=12599

Nope, i was wondering about the Sennheiser hardwired handhelds. I'm using Audio Technica wired mics right now, and their wornout. Thanks, suggestions appreciated.
Ok, now I understand. I have never tried the Sennheiser. I have a Sure Beta 87 that I purchased about 6 months ago and I like it alot. Cost about $250.

Walt
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM
VIP

The Senn 835 is comparible to the Shure SM58. It's a little brighter & can make some high pitched singers sound even higher. It doesn't have the same 'warm' sound as a 58. On the singers with lower bass, it doesn't project them out as much.
If you are happy with the Audio Technicas, you should get in contact with them and see if they have a discount exchange program (trade the old for a new) like some of the other mic manus.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM

I have a couple of 845's and they work great, a little better dynamic range than the A-Ts and about the same as an SM59.
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM

Thank's everyone for all the help, and suggestions on the Senn. Microphone question. I purchased the Sennheiser e 835 3 pack from musicians friend for $249.95. They seem to work every bit as good as the AT's i had. Great build quality, feedback rejection, and plenty hot. Thanks again everyone.