MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM

Help: Songs Disappeared from playlist in Hoster 3.310 after power outage

I have hoster 3.310 and several songs have disappeared from my custom play list! This happened after I lost power to my laptop (and the battery is bad) and it abruptly shut off. It took many many hours to get it set up the way I wanted, does ANYONE know of a way I can get this back?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM

Re: Help: Songs Disappeared from playlist in Hoster 3.310 after power outage

Quote:
Originally Posted by doda View Post
I have hoster 3.310 and several songs have disappeared from my custom play list! This happened after I lost power to my laptop (and the battery is bad) and it abruptly shut off. It took many many hours to get it set up the way I wanted, does ANYONE know of a way I can get this back?

that's an absolete version of hoster, what do you mean by custom playlist, do you mean singers list?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

When you click on File then open, are there any files showing with .hst extensions ? if so can you open one of these or are they missing songs ?

Roy.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM
VIP

are you sure thats the version your running ?? i think 3.319 did that

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Beavis that was the songs lost completely not lost from a custom playlist.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Are the songs not listed or does it say unavailable by the songs that you say are missing from the playlist?

There is no way to recover it, but if it isn't too many songs that are "missing" then you can work with what you have and add the missing ones back in.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM

Yes, it is version 3.310. When I open playlist 1.hst, all songs from "9 to 5" to "back home again" are listed in alphabetical order, but all songs after this (ba through z) are missing ..... will upgrading possibly get them back? The reason I'm concerned is that there were well over 500 sings manually input into the list ....

By the way, I am not the owner of the machine, and really don't much about the software. The laptop is in my computer repair shop .....
Old July 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

The way they are using the playlist is not how the software is designed to be used.
The playlist is just meant to play the most regular or recent songs. You load the songs either by using the search feature or use the book id feature for which you have all your song titles printed in a book with a disk ID, once you enter the ID a song is shown which can be entered into the playlist for an upcoming singer. I don't know if anyone else has their playlist in alphabetical order.

Roy.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
does ANYONE know of a way I can get this back?
The only way I can think of recovering this file is if you had it backed up on another drive. I think on that version it would have been in C/Programs/Micro Technology Unlimited/Hoster/ Folder and look for a file with .hst extension.

Roy.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
VIP

It's probably still there. It's probably just that your computer forgot where to look for it. If you named the .hst file (IE: 9to5 songs.hst)you can do a search for it through windows search. or just search for all .hst files and note where the newest one (or one with the date and time just previous to the outtage)is located. Then go back to Hoster and click "File" at the top and "Open" and navigate to the proper location. If the power outtage came at just the wrong time it could be the list is corrupted and gone, otherwise it should be there somewhere.
Good Luck
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, it is version 3.310. When I open playlist 1.hst, all songs from "9 to 5" to "back home again" are listed in alphabetical order, but all songs after this (ba through z) are missing ..... will upgrading possibly get them back? The reason I'm concerned is that there were well over 500 sings manually input into the list ....

By the way, I am not the owner of the machine, and really don't much about the software. The laptop is in my computer repair shop .....
Check the other .hst files in the folder and see if there is one with all of them otherwise all those songs would have to be re-added to that playlist. Later versions did make it so Hoster saves the playlist after every action to prevent this from happening.
As Roy said this is not the way Hoster is designed to work especially for that many songs in one playlist. However there are some who perform one-man shows and have playlists set up like this so they can find their songs fast.
I would highly recommend the user upgrade as there is a much easier way to do this for them. MTU added a feature called a Singer's database where you can list all the songs each singer sings, search through their list and add them quickly to a playlist. No need to keep a massive playlist of your favorites. However the computer will also need to be brought up to date before upgrading.

Tags
3.310, disappear, hoster, playlist, songs