MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 30th, 2002, 10:25 AM

Where is the DOWNLOAD LINK?

In the thread Microstudio 2.400 is Released.... It says, If you own Microstudio 2.314 - 2.316, click your DOWNLOAD LINK and it will now deliver the new 2.400 code. Where is the download link? I've looked, but can't find it.

Thanks,
Ernie
Old December 30th, 2002, 10:42 AM

Ernie,
It's been a while since I purchased my copy but as I remember, When you purchased Micro Studio you were e-mailed a link, and all the information needed to down load. If you are using version 2.314 - 2.316 you can reuse that link and information to get 2.4. If you have a version older, as I have you need to go to www.mtu.com and purchase a upgrade.

I hope this is correct, and helps

Jim
Old December 30th, 2002, 10:43 AM

Ernie,
The download link is in your original email that was sent to you with your Email and Serial number. If you no longer have this email, then you will need to purchase the upgrade for $15 to replace it.

Jim, You got to it right as I was typing also. You are correct.
Old December 30th, 2002, 11:14 AM

Problem with upgrade

Bryan,
I have a copy of the email that was sent to me. It has my email address, then serial number, then below that, it has a download address. I put in the download address, and when it came up, it is the download for Microstudio 2.315.
The product download instructions I have, is four pages, and I couldn't find any other address for an upgrade. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Ernie
Old December 30th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Blocked from Forums

try copy and paste the download url
Old December 30th, 2002, 12:14 PM

Question Download shows as 2.315

Same issue as Ernie. When I go to the email with the link and serial number, I get a download box for Microstudio 2.315. I also tried the cut and paste into the browser and got the same result.

Any other suggestions?
Old December 30th, 2002, 12:18 PM

Can you please email me your Full name and information, because I can't find it from your Email address. Please send this to Support@mtu.com
Old January 2nd, 2003, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Here's the catch.....

Because MTU uses ESD (Electronic Software Delivery) we can offer you free upgrades. However... everything comes with a price.

Since you already have an "old link" to get a specific filename (either microstudio2314.exe, or microstudio2315.exe or microstudio2316.exe), then we MUST use the same filename that your link is programmed to deliver. Thus, you WILL download a file named any of the 3 above.

HOWEVER... the code behind these three links has been upgraded to be the 2.400 code! So, download it, uninstall your current version, and install the new code. If you want to be sure of what version you are running, click the Help menu (at the top center) then the About... option and you will see a message box with the version number in it. CLAYLEDKINS did this and proved it works.

We are sorry for this inconvience, but such is the world of Internet and ESD. I think all will agree it is far superior to our spending hundreds of hours to hand generate everyone a new link, and having to charge you for our time.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 11:17 PM

Smile Thanks Bryan - email link worked

Thanks for your help and prompt reply. I clicked on the email link you sent but an hour or so after I responded to your earlier reply to my download problem. Your email said not to respond to it, but I am sorry I should have thought to respond back here where the problem was addressed and let you know it was working.

After uninstalling the old 2.315, 2.4 came right up. It took but a few minutes to play with the resizable screen. Duh when I read the manual it actually tells you you can drag the size and double click to full screen. It also works nice with the Nvidia dual video card.

Best regards,
Joel
Old January 3rd, 2003, 06:33 AM
Blocked from Forums

Quote:
Originally posted by BETAMAX-UK
try copy and paste the download url
dont think this message was for me admin
Old January 3rd, 2003, 08:21 AM

Joelheck( and any others),

If you don't want to use the sizable play window and have to drag or double click the display to full screen for each track, go into View, then Display Mode, and click 8bit full screen mode. It will hold the setting. You can make this change at will, if there is a need.

George