MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 6th, 2004, 11:50 AM

Smile Problem with Import and Lead Vocals and other MTU errata

OK. I have used Microstudio to import like 500 songs and it works great. However, I have a Pocket Songs disk that is duplexed, meaning the left channel has the lead vocal+music and the right channel has only music. Obviously I only need the right channel (only music).

How can I import this track in mono or without the left vocal track?
I'm not interested in having to run the computer sound output into another box or have to unplug a cable just to make this happen.

It would be nice if you offered a 'normalize' function of some sort because not all of my original discs offer the same volume on each track.

If you add 'normalize' can you add further ability to alter the sound. Such as, can you split the audio from the words so that I can edit the audio in a wave editor then use your software to recombine? I know there are synch issues, but that could be user adjustable.

Can you guys please do something about the horrid audio quality Keyrite gives you when you go below 3 steps from the original? Here's a test...Key change something down 3 steps and save it. Now use that same file and key change it up 3 steps thus returning to the original key....holy crap does it sound aweful!

Have you guys every thought about adding more audio support in Hoster besides the standard line in for my microphone? How about the ability to stack direct-x or VST plug-ins to add compression, eq, reverb....ASIO anyone? The live audio component on ALL computer Karaoke playback software sucks and is so behind where other professional audio programs are. Wouldn't it be nice to leave the reverb unit, the eq, the entire effects rack at home and host professional Karaoke with only a laptop?

In regards to your portable computer karaoke box thingy, how about some XLR inputs with phantom power. We don't all use crappy little Mr. Microphones with 1/8" plugs you know.

Thanks,
Buck
Old October 6th, 2004, 12:06 PM

Re: Problem with Import and Lead Vocals and other MTU errata

As far as the key change,...

I've been doing karaoke now for about 4 years. Cuurently three times a week plus private parties. I have found the current MTU key changer to be the best I have encountered. However I have not found ANY key changer including MTU's Hoster key changer to be much "pumpkin" when you go more than 2 up or 2 down. IMO the songs just weren't meant to be delivered that low or high.

As far as the multiplex right; left. I use a Mackie CFX-12 for a mixer. I go from my audio out of my laptop to my left (MONO) in channel. Therefore I never have any problem. I know some people prefer to play in stereo. Again, IMO stereo is fine for at home. But in a public venue where seating configuartion can vary greatly, I want the the whole crowd to hear the same thing. Most of the other KJ's in my area agree and do the same thing. Just something to think on. I don't think you'll find any computer program for the KJ (studio yes) that will hold a candle to using a mixer to handle your output. Many DJ's use computer programs for annoucements and such but for the vocal performer it's hard to beat a quality mixer.

My 2 cents.

Kelly
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM

Multiplex-Mono Files Suggestion

I don't think that this is a job for Microstudio

Since keyrite is already drastically changing the audio, I have suggested that keyrite might be upgraded to convert cdg files into mono. I have thought that taking the Left and Right and putting them together might make sense, especially when speakers are separated and people close to one speaker might not hear the full effect of the parts.

Now a new function makes sense in light of dealing with Multiplex. Converting could be a choice of L-Mono, R-Mono, or a LR-Mono (Maybe the terminology isn't right but hopefully my meaning is understood)