MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 10th, 2003, 02:39 PM

error on duplicating a disc

When trying to duplicate disc it downloaded on hard drive, placed blank disc in drive, it started to copy and got this error.

Error: write command failed on device 2:0:0 read/write error or bad medium detected (04h00h02h03h0ch07h). I have up graded DirectX to 8.1 Have windows 2000 and a Plexwriter 40/12/40u
need help Buttons
Old January 13th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Get good media...

The usual problem is the media you are using won't work for CDG. That is why MTU sells our CDG Silver media line. It is the best available for CDG Karaoke discs.

So, what media are you using?
Old January 14th, 2003, 09:33 AM

Error Message

Have had same error messgage! Don't understand why the same disc type work on Disc Architect with the same drive, but won't work on Microstudio?
Any help?
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:19 AM

This error means that the Data is not getting from your Hard drive to your CD-Recorder fast enough. This is then causing a Buffer Underrun to occur, which is why the disc is not being written.

What version of Windows are you running?

If it is 2000 and XP there is not much you can do to help it, other than Slow the write speed down. Try shutting down any programs running in Background. It seems that something is causing this by running. You can also try to upgrade the drivers for your Motherboad. This will sometimes help.

If you are using 98 SE or ME then you must make sure that Auto Insert Notification is not on and that DMA is checked or you can get this error. You can also get this by programs running in the background.
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:23 AM

Buttons, as Admin stated it is most likely your media, but you also may be trying to write too fast for the media you have. I get that error from Imation media, and doesn't matter what speed I use, it won't work, I get that error from some old verbatim, slow it down and it works??

Jim
Old January 14th, 2003, 03:45 PM

slowing speed down both reading and writing

Quote:
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
This error means that the Data is not getting from your Hard drive to your CD-Recorder fast enough. This is then causing a Buffer Underrun to occur, which is why the disc is not being written.

If it is 2000 and XP there is not much you can do to help it, other than Slow the write speed down. Try shutting down any programs running in Background. It seems that something is causing this by running. You can also try to upgrade the drivers for your Motherboad. This will sometimes help.

If you are using 98 SE or ME then you must make sure that Auto Insert Notification is not on and that DMA is checked or you can get this error. You can also get this by programs running in the background.
Old January 14th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Thumbs up slowing speed down both reading and writing

Quote:
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT

Just want to let everybody know it worked, I slowed down the read and write speeds and it worked beautiful. Thanks everybody
and I want to let everyone know I Love Microstudio. it's great

Thanks Buttons
Old January 14th, 2003, 04:20 PM

Glad that worked, keep your read speed up, adjust your write speed.
Keeping your read speed high will allow it to skip over some of the graphic snow and spots if you have well worn discs you are backing up, this will also allow you to backup discs that are so worn that they will not play in your player.... sometimes.
The write speed is what I adjust for media problems, the better the media the longer the backup will play.
I started with some really cheap stuff in the begining, and am now regreting it.

Jim

tkaraoke try adjusting your write speed also...
Old January 22nd, 2003, 12:16 PM

Jim, thanks for the reply, sorry this took so long. I have a Yamaha I got from MTU works great writes at 6X, so this Plextor at 4x does seem to be a waste of time and $. I thinks it's important that people understand that because a drive is let's say 40x12x40, that it doesn't mean your going to get anywhere near that speed when you buy it. Just ask me I know! Since each computer, program, drive, disc media, hard drive speed, etc., etc., etc...... is different, you really don't know what you bought til you own it and try it. Then you could be surprised. The non-guru's need some pre-guidance before spending a significant amount of $ on something that may not work like they think. I thought I had all the bases covered! SURPRISE!
Thanks
Tkaraoke