MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 30th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Singers Own Disk Accessory.

Just thought I would pass on this find of mine to other Hoster users. Anyone who has issues with Hoster importing singers own disks whilst doing a show might be interested in this portable DVD player I found from Tevion for under £50. It is really one of those in car accessories so it is small and light to carry around, I thought I would try it with a CD+G Disk and it plays them perfectly along with video Cd's and normal DVD.
It doesn't state CD+G in its list of formats but it does play them. It has composit video out and audio out, as well as it's own 7" monitor so you can
easily see what you are cueing up. It displays a perfect picture on any large TV with Composit video input. Now hook this up using a cheap video/audio switch available at many stores, you can easily switch the singers monitor from your computer to this portable just to play singers disks. Now I haven't used this myself as I have a 1U DVD player in my rack set up and always play singers own disks on that. If you want to show the singers in the rotation display I just have a dummy file named "Singers own disk" which is an MP3+G file renamed. This shows on the singers display as their name as normal but song title as "Singers Own Disk". Then when they have sung just press Skip
and it's ready for the next one.
I attach details below for interested parties.

Roy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tevion DVD.jpg (93.7 KB, 12 views)
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Re: Singers Own Disk Accessory.

you can also buy a slim design ext. cd/dvd player like i have and i have no problem importing singers disc, only the int. is the one that some of Hoster users are having a problems with.